Support for Chromium-based browsers

DarkPsY

• 3 weeks later...

A little uggly solution to include the "Excluded Files" and/or "Cookies" list is to just install Chrome at the side of Chromium and do a shortcut from "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data" to "%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data". That way CCleaner can be run normally for Chromium, which "User Data" directory it detects as Google Chrome's. But I'm not sure how Chrome and Chromium like the fact that they share the same settings.

As a side note I excluded "C:\Users\Det\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Cache\{data_0,data_1,data_2,data_3,index}" from the cache clean as those caches are some Chromium's own caches that get created even with a new Chromium profile with "about:blank" as the startup page.

• 1 month later...
[sRWare Iron\Chromium - Cache]
Section=SRWare Iron
LangRef=Cache
Detect=HKCU\Software\Chromium
Default=True
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default\Cache|*.*

[sRWare Iron\Chromium - Cookies]
Section=SRWare Iron
LangRef=Cookies
Default=True
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Cookies

[sRWare Iron\Chromium - History]
Section=SRWare Iron
LangRef=History
Default=True
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|*History*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Thumbnails
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Visited Links

[sRWare Iron\Chromium - Form Data]
Section=SRWare Iron
LangRef=Form Data
Default=True
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Web Data

[sRWare Iron\Chromium - Session Restore]
Section=SRWare Iron
LangRef=Session Restore
Default=True
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Current*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\Default|Last*

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, ref SRWare Iron 9.0.600.1

I have posted this problem in the WinApp2.ini thread before now but no-one has replied the problem apart from telling me the latest version of CCleaner now supports SRWare Iron.

It Clearly does not

I do not have Google Chrome installed. And after every cleanout CCleaner is not picking up anything from SRWare Iron.

SRWare Iron is the Installer version (as opposed to the portable version), which has installed consistently to the same default location for quite a few versions now.

I have reverted on a few occasions to not using the winapp2.ini (as is the case currently), did a complete un-install of CCleaner this time round with the latest update and re-installed just to use with its default options and no .ini (after the advice that CCleaner now natively supports detection of SRWare Iron)

Result as above in the screenshot. Something is obviously being detected but confused as Google Chrome, and not cleaning out.

• 2 months later...
Guest MrT

Can you please let us the User Data folder location that you use for your Yandex installation?

Is it "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Bromium\User Data\Default"?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

You can add the Browser to the Winapp2.ini for now. The Devs would include it later, hopefully.

Winapp2.ini Thread: Follow The Instructions

I'm fresh..I also use the unstandard Chrome browser,the ChromePlus,however,I can't view the Winapp2.ini and use it.What can I do?

ps.I'm not a native English speaker.Excuse me my poor English.

Are there more valid commands we can use in Winapp2.ini than the example inside the file?

Picked from winapp2.ini:

Example 1. (This one is for create a non yet existing main section to show up like "Internet Windows etc")

Plus; 'For every new LangRef entry - it creates a second entry below the main section in CC for items to be cleaned'

[ "shown new section in CC" Hyphen- "shown item (LangRef) next to checkbox in CC" ]

Section="app's name above in the header"

LangRef="cleaned items name" (Working in addition with above).

Example 2. (This one uses already premade section-entries from default)

There is two choices; 1. 'Create a new second entry below one of the main sections to show up in CC that'll be cleaned'

2. 'Create a new entry to be cleaned in the background but make it invisible in CC, by using premade/pre-existing entries'

[ "shown name for app in CC" plus wildcard* ]

LangSecRef="section number for specific section in CC" (sort of translation for Section in example 1.)

LangSecRef

Main section-entries by default:

• 3021 = Applications
  • 3022 = Internet
  • 3023 = Multimedia
  • 3024 = Utilities
  • 3025 = Windows
  • 3026 = Firefox/Mozilla
  • 3027 = Opera
  • 3028 = Safari
  • 2013 = Google Chrome

Warning="Pops up a warning comment when box are ticked" Quite funny :)

Detect="Location in the registry due to activate an entry to show up in CC" (detects registry key / entry from registry)

DetectFile="Location on a disk for activate an entry to show up in CC" (detects installer/exe-file from it's path)

Default="True or False" (Shows if the checkbox shall be ticked or not in CC. Entries changes corresponding in file for changes made in CC)

Are portable software used, please correct your premade path's accordingly - only a tip

Non existing installed software will not be processed - therefor the "DetectFile" and therefor the entry will become marked as False automatically in the .ini-file if software not exists

ExcludeKey="Files Not to be deleted, path to file"

FileKey1="Path to file that will be deleted!" (FileKey1 for first file/s or Folder/s, next line continue with FileKey2 and 3 etc)

RegKey1="Path to registry values that will be deleted" (When more than one line, do the same as for files)

Shortenings for registry entries:

HKLM - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

HKU - HKEY_USERS

HKCU - HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Haven't tried these for handle registry but guess they should be used like HKLM="Rest of the path in registry"

Program specific translations in describe for CC How to dealing with content inside a folder:

RECURSE "Tells CC to delete Subfolders and their content" Don't know if this deletes the files as well in the main folder?

REMOVESELF "Like Recurse but also deletes the named folder"

• | "The pipe symbol (not mixed up with capital i ) separate different types of file mask options" (Great to use for instruct different commands one after another on the same line)
  • * "Wildcard tells everything of names in a path or filename can be choosen" (example winapp2.* for only the extension after the dot)
  • *.* "More wildcards:) This one describes that All files will be choosen in the folder when used in the end of a path"
  • ; "Comments out, ignore written comments inside the .ini-file from being processed by CC"

A thougt :) Would it be possible running reversal commands for starting and run external app's from inside winapp.ini?

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to this forum so please be patient with me. i did infact send this direct to Piriform but was asked via email to post it here. It may sound somewhat negative my comment, but if i wanted BETA software then i would get it myself.

I shall paste here what i sent earlier:- Dear Sir or Madam. Today i have downloaded your new version of Ccleaner, but i installed Chrome by accident. I have to say that it bothers me greatly that such a good product as Ccleaner, why taint it by adding Google Chrome. Everybody i speak to say that these extra programs are a real pain in the wotsit. Also i may point out that there are security issues with chrome & also may i say that if Google had any confidence in there product then it would not still be in BETA.

Kindest Regards :(

What version of Chrome did you get ?

Where did it come from ?

Piriform CCleaner NEVER bundles anything extra in the Portable version.

I believe the same is true for an installed flavour which comes out in a few days time.

The standard build may OFFER a toolbar, but I have never heard it accused of installing Chrome.

There are other "malware" type CCleaners that claim to come from Piriform but are absolute liars.

Perhaps you clicked on one of their bad links.

I once allowed Google Earth to update itself.

It took the opportunity to also silently install Google Chrome.

Instant retribution - I restored yesterday's partition image to remove all trace of Google Chrome,

and then used RevoUninstall to direct and observe the uninstallation of Google Earth and then take out the bits left over.

No more Google Earth for me.

Perhaps Google did a dirty trick on you to.

Did you pay money for the download ?

It may be time to think about the possibility of having installed malware.

• Moderators

This is all off topic, it will be moved if you want to contine after this post

The Install version OFFERS chrome or google toolbar. You ARE given the choice to decline. This bundling allows Piriform to keep their software free.

just uninstall chrome and leave it lie.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Nergal, no its ok here, but it would be nice to install software without other junk. If i want junk i would find it for myself.

Thank you all..... :)

Nergal, no its ok here, but it would be nice to install software without other junk. If i want junk i would find it for myself.

Thank you all..... :)

I have already told you of other CCleaner downloads that do not OFFER the extras.

To find the right junk you need to recognise the difference between a Google browser and a Google Toolbar ! ! !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there more valid commands we can use in Winapp2.ini than the example inside the file?

A thougt :) Would it be possible running reversal commands for starting and run external app's from inside winapp.ini?

Well I'll give it an answer as noone seems to have time or interest in doing it :D

The answer is Yes. If take a close check in the documentation section for CCleaner http://docs.piriform.com/

There is a explanation in how to use Scriptfiles where many sorts of commands can make CCleaner really useful.

It's been well known for a long time that a few Google products comes bundled with the Piriform installer for CCleaner. Fortunately there is a workaround and we do not have to install e.g Google Toolbar or Chrome if we don't need it by own will.

Lets say, it's a kind form of "Piggy Packing" :P

Use the slim version or the portable if doesn't want spend time in look out for extras ;)

• Moderators

Well I'll give it an answer as noone seems to have time or interest in doing it :D

The answer is Yes. If take a close check in the documentation section for CCleaner http://docs.piriform.com/

There is a explanation in how to use Scriptfiles where many sorts of commands can make CCleaner really useful.

It's been well known for a long time that a few Google products comes bundled with the Piriform installer for CCleaner. Fortunately there is a workaround and we do not have to install e.g Google Toolbar or Chrome if we don't need it by own will.

Lets say, it's a kind form of "Piggy Packing" :P

Use the slim version or the portable if doesn't want spend time in look out for extras ;)

I have 0 understanding what either of these means, also don't make two post if nobody's answered since your previous post. Just use the edit button, then the people following the thread don't have multiple notifications

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...