Yaa the rumours are true

englishmen

As i have said a few times google have finally released a beta of there google talk app. Its a instant messaging client with voice capabilities and so far it looks pretty good. I can now finally let my hotmail account rot the only reason i still have it is to use msn messenger, no more Yaaaaaaa.

I love you google :-)

Oops nearly forgot you can get it here or here.

It is also only a 900Kb download where Msn Messenger is 9Mb also when idle in the task bar google talk takes up only 8.8Mb of ram where Msn Messenger takes 13.3Mb

u can use gmail in msn messenger.... plus i cant import my contacts as it wants a csv file and im not going to do it one separately

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

Guest Mangix

right now there is no point for Google's IM network.

the reason is this. it was released today and even so, AIM, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, Jabber, Etc... are all superior to it. however when and if the google IM network becomes better, then that would not be completely true.

i cant use it... very few people in my contact list have gmail account...

that does not matter in msn messenger hotmail and gmail are compatible

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

Google Talk is in beta, it does not connect to the other Jabber servers yet, but in the future it is likely that it will.

And as for Gmail it is awesome. 2,5 gigabyte space per account.

* No popups, no graphical, animated or flash banners, just text ads.

* You can "starr" important messages and find them easy.

* Can search for your mails and archive them.

* Can retrieve mail via Atom XML feeds.

* Does not collect 100 different personal information like other mail services. *cough* Hotmail *cough*

* Does not try to force/trick you into signing up for newsletters unlike other mail services *cough* Hotmail *cough*

* Has anti spam filter and you can target mails like newsletters, etc into labels.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

ya gmail is trully in a league of its own, as for hotmail, as the flow of emails slows, it will certainly rot...maybe i will demote it back to the address i give people i don't really like. 1 question here, or rather a theory needing validation: whats the best way to import all my contacts from hotmail to gmail. i was thinking, is there a way to do it through msn messenger? the only method i've read about thus far is using outlook express and saving a comma file or some crap like that, but outlook sucks so i'm not going that route. well, hopefully there is some good advice out there.