RAM Cleaner Feature

ovd.

• Moderators

Quick easy RAM Cleaner

Start Menu

Shut Down

Restart

MMMMMM not sure how CCleaner could improve on this.

MY honest opinion only of course

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

RAM Cleaner Feature

this will be a very nice feature... if it will be added/implemented :)

what do you think?

I agree. While win 95/98/me had mem problems, XP and Vista may not have so many mem problems.

For people still using win 95/98/me & low amounts of mem, this would be nice to have.

Of course, it would be nicer still if they just upgraded to a better PC, because using older OS is a risk of losing data because of dangers of crosslinked files and not running things in seperate mem spaces.

It wouldn't be bad if it does not increase the CCleaner file size.

You can always try Cleanmem - this is a free program that will clean memory that is no longer used.

Does not work in the background all it does is every 30 minutes it cleans the memory automatically of a program that has been used and the memory left behind is no longer needed. This process takes a split of a second and you won't even notice it.

Link: http://www.pcwintech.com/cleanmem

Read more about it at link above.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a utility called System Mechanic (not freeware app) that has such a feature ,it usally reclaims only a small amount of RAM when I run that part of the application ! However I always have plenty of RAM available out of my 3 GB DDR2 Mem it usally has at least 50% available and more likely 70% and that's while surfing the net ,TV on my desktop in a small box (via my TV Tuner card and Windows Media Center) plus running a small LCD dispaly that runs RSS feeds for me called a Pertelian x2040 USB and also the resource hungry Norton Security Suite ! If you find your PC comes close to runnning very low on RAM you always have the option of closing some apps down ,however if your system will allow it adding more RAM is one of the best hardware upgrades you can do for your PC ! Installing RAM is a breeze,very easy ,as a newbie to computers I uped my RAM in my frist PC after only having it a few months ! Typcially if you are running Windows XP as Iam it will take up to 3-3.5 GB's of RAM. I do not know how much RAM Vista will accept ? Take Care

Nic :D

I agree. While win 95/98/me had mem problems, XP and Vista may not have so many mem problems.

For people still using win 95/98/me & low amounts of mem, this would be nice to have.

Yes they do use Mem.exe. I've never have mem problems with Win98SE though.

What it all comes down to with WinNT is there is that much crap running in the background which is not normally needed. I would recommend Process Explorer 11.33 where you can check how much system resources each app it using and you can End Task it. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators
I've never have mem problems with Win98SE though.

From my prior experience in the Win98 era the only memory induced problems arised from using those so called pagefile/swapfile tips on so many sites, leaving it well alone at the Microsoft default setting shouldn't reveal any issues.

a 32bit PC can have up to 4 GB RAM

a 64bit can have up to 8 GB RAM

Wrong. A 64-bit system has a theoretical limit of 16 EB (exabytes) of RAM.

Piriform French translator

I have a utility called System Mechanic (not freeware app) that has such a feature ,it usally reclaims only a small amount of RAM when I run that part of the application ! However I always have plenty of RAM available out of my 3 GB DDR2 Mem it usally has at least 50% available and more likely 70% and that's while surfing the net ,TV on my desktop in a small box (via my TV Tuner card and Windows Media Center) plus running a small LCD dispaly that runs RSS feeds for me called a Pertelian x2040 USB and also the resource hungry Norton Security Suite ! If you find your PC comes close to runnning very low on RAM you always have the option of closing some apps down ,however if your system will allow it adding more RAM is one of the best hardware upgrades you can do for your PC ! Installing RAM is a breeze,very easy ,as a newbie to computers I uped my RAM in my frist PC after only having it a few months ! Typcially if you are running Windows XP as Iam it will take up to 3-3.5 GB's of RAM. I do not know how much RAM Vista will accept ? Take Care

Nic :D

Do you realise how badly system mechanic can royally mess up a machine. I would not install it on my worse enimies pc.

No fate but what we make