Cleaning VERY slow on Buffalo NAS drive

joeg

Hi from Berlin,

I've been using CCleaner daily on several computers for over a year. I update it whenever a new version comes out - I'm now on 2.20.920. The program works exactly as it says, and thank God I've never had any problem with it that I didn't cause myself. :-(

I recently bought a Buffalo Link Station Pro NAS drive. Its software has an idiotic feature that puts everything you delete into a folder called the "Trashbox", which has to be emptied "manually". This feature cannot be disabled and there's no way to get around it, e.g. like in Windows by hitting Shift+Del, which bypasses the Windows Recycle bin.

I was very happy when I saw that I was able to add this folder to CCleaners custom files and folders. As always, CCleaner does what it says, but in this case, when the file(s) involved are over 50mb or so, it takes a long time - up to a minute or more. When I delete them directly from the drive manually, it only takes a second.

By the way, when the same amount of data is directly on my computer's HDD, deleting with CCleaner it goes much faster; the problem is only on the NAS drive.

I've used both the one-pass and the three-pass options, and the former (of course) is considerably faster. Having said that, I prefer the three-pass option.

Is there any solution for this except - heh-heh - deleting the data on my NAS drive manually and using CCleaner only to delete the stuff directly on my computer?

Thanks very much.

JoeG