advice please on ccleaner

mr24k

Hi from australia,

I have only just setup CCleaner - some advice thnx.

In the uninstall section it seems to have my spyware programs -how come?

Also when I clicked for it to clean it mentions items will be Permanently deleted which scared me to cancel instead of running it. I was concerned it may delete items not to be deleted.Yeh at the moment I am a virgin as it is my first time to do it. So any assistance I will be happy for.

Regards,

Mr24k

Guest Mangix

the cleaner only cleans MRU lists and Internet history data. you can acually chose what you want to delete.

and the uninstall section is just like the add/remove programs thing in the Control Panel of windows. if it has spyware in there, then you need anti-spyware software :)

• Moderators

Hello and welcome to the forum M24k!

Don't be too worried it's a very safe prog.

Choose cleaner (paintbrush icon), and under the WINDOWS tab I have all boxes ticked apart from the advanced section.(if you have saved passwords don't tick the auto complete form history)

Click analyze and be very surprised at how much space you are going to free up .

Click run cleaner and don't be worried when it says you will be deleting all of what's there. IT WILL NOT HARM YOUR PROGS OR ANYTHING it's nearly all bits and bobs from surfing and such like.

You may notice your computer will run faster.

As for the issues button I'm sure one of the more experienced members of this forum will be able to explain this better than I.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hello and welcome to the forum M24k!

Don't be too worried it's a very safe prog.

Choose cleaner (paintbrush icon), and under the WINDOWS tab I have all boxes ticked apart from the advanced section.(if you have saved passwords don't tick the auto complete form history)

Click analyze and be very surprised at how much space you are going to free up .

Click run cleaner and don't be worried when it says you will be deleting all of what's there. IT WILL NOT HARM YOUR PROGS OR ANYTHING it's nearly all bits and bobs from surfing and such like.

You may notice your computer will run faster.

As for the issues button I'm sure one of the more experienced members of this forum will be able to explain this better than I.

Hi Hazelnut,

Thanx for your welcome & helpful reply I feel a slight more positive, but ,would you believe

still procrastinating about it (duhh and grr) when I guess after your explanation

it is no big deal.

Cheers,

mr24k

the cleaner only cleans MRU lists and Internet history data. you can acually chose what you want to delete.

and the uninstall section is just like the add/remove programs thing in the Control Panel of windows. if it has spyware in there, then you need anti-spyware software :)

thnx Mangix for your reply I am a newbie on the net and as of yet not confident.

mr24k

mr24k, welcome to the forum as well as the net :)

Rest assured, you are not the first to be wary of using CCleaner, many have already been assured of it's safety, and you will not be the last.

Enjoy using it :)

mr24k, welcome to the forum as well as the net  :)

Rest assured, you are not the first to be wary of using CCleaner, many have already been assured of it's safety, and you will not be the last.

Enjoy using it  :)

Thnx for the welcome CaPMan

over and out,

mr24k