If I clean "Windows Error Reporting" will that delete my Events Log?

Izzy

I'm a fairly new CCleaner user. On the Windows Tab of the CCleaner, there is a check-box for "Windows Error Reporting". If I select that box, will I also be deleting my computer's Event Logs? I rely on those for tracking problems. I have a Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic. Thanks!

Welcome to Piriform Izzy.

I'm a fairly new CCleaner user. On the Windows Tab of the CCleaner, there is a check-box for "Windows Error Reporting". If I select that box, will I also be deleting my computer's Event Logs? I rely on those for tracking problems. I have a Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic. Thanks!

I don't have a check-box for "Windows Error Reporting" in the Windows tab.

Well CC has an option to clean all Windows log files. There aren't that important they just report something has been done. Thats files with a log extension.

Under System - Windows Log Files just remove the tick and try it again. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

It's vista only.

Here.

Thank you, MetalJ - the link is very helpful!

Windows Error Reporting - (Vista only) Whenever a program crashes, Windows saves details of the crash to report back to Microsoft. This option will clean all the error reports from your system."

I will leave the box unticked. Sometimes I will get a "fix" back from Microsoft immediately, on a crash that automatically reports to them. Often, however, there is no fix available at the time, but Microsoft periodically revisits old crashes to see if a new fix has been created to solve the problem.