Batman & Defraggler

Kas

I suppose I`ll be castigated for raising this thread in the wrong place or for even raising it at all - my apologies.

Piriform Defraggler to me is like finding that elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I have been using it very frequently every day for months since I first discovered it.

My verdict is that it does everything one can ask at rapid speed. It analyses, lists files for either defragging them individually or the lot, defrags free space - who could ask for more ? AND it takes only few seconds or minutes dependent on the fragmentation or personal choice.

I only wish it could defrag the United Kingdom, a set of files that are so defragmented that any attempt to defrag them would be like peeing into the wind.

I also use CCleaner, another world beater and bonus to every user. I take no notice of the list of files called "crap" though, if I hit the button on all those my computer would simply give up, lay down and die. I use my judgement to assess what goes and what stays.

NOW, the main question. On another Forum I sang the praises of Piriform and in particular Defraggler. No problem, most replies said it is a superb program - 10/10. One or two people said "Auslogistics" was better and one guy said "Smart Defrag".

Curiosity tempted me - I downloaded Auslogistics and tried it. Looked good, very user freindly and efficient BUT maybe I missed it - I never saw an Analysis or File list - just a Defrag. OK it defragged, but compared with Defraggler it was like having a car with only a STOP and GO switch as against a car with a 5+ speed gearbox.

Can anybody please tell me about these other Defraggers especially Auslogistics as compared to our marvelous Defraggler ? Their Achilles Heel would be just fine.

Not losing faith - just want to know the opposition.

KAS

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"

I have been using it very frequently every day for months since I first discovered it.

KAS

Here, I'm not going to answer your question about Auslogistics, but I do want to comment that you mentioned that you defrag everyday, and I used to do that. However, I read on one of the tech sites a couple of years back, which advised that defragging the harddrive everyday can shorten the life expectancy of your drive.

I'm open to correction if I'm wrong.

I'm a user of Auslogics (not Auslogistics lol), and it's a very good defragging program. Both Defraggler and Auslogics are good, but I'm kind of leaning on the Auslogics side since it's a lot faster. Defraggler is still a great program. Smart Defrag is also pretty good, but I prefer Auslogics and Defraggler over Smart Defrag. You can also defrag individual files and folders with Auslogics Disk Defrag too. Unfortunately, it does not have the Analysis feature (I don't use it anyway lol).