Defraggler 1.10.143 fails to download

Kas

Piriform Defraggler

I have used this excellent product for a long time now. It is very quick and defrags in seconds, never gives any trouble and I find it invaluable.

NOW, I am told update v1.10.143 is available. Over the past few days I have followed normal procedure to download this version by the usual sites and tried just about every other trusted site I know, but each time the download fails. The primary site is FileHippo.

Sequence is ;-

Go to site and find the Defraggler v1.10 download, click.

Panel comes up - click RUN.

The download starts and then stops at 99%.

And there it stays, forever.

I get "not responding", stuck on the hour glass.

Task Manager will not come up. CNTL+ALT+DEL is dead.

NOTHING responds anywhere - the whole computer freezes to total paralysis..

I have no choice but to crash the computer on the power button and re-boot.

This I have done over 20 times and will not do it again for Defraggler until I know that this download fault has been cured.

Every other product I have download their updates perfectly as do new products. Even Windows BIG updates including changing my browser Internet Explorer from IE7 to IE8, all with no problems.

PLEASE, Piriform or anybody else, can you advise me when this fault will be corrected ?

Many thanks

KAS

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - "I will  either find a way or make one"

I have always chosen RUN and had no problems, many, many times and Defraggler has updated perfectly.

I see no reason to choose SAVE and go through the pain of updating Defraggler that way.

Every single trusted site I have tried fails with a total seize-up of my computer. This has never happened before.

It is astounding that many have viewed this thread but nobody has replied saying that they have also had this problem, except ONE person on the 11 May who did.

I would ask Piriform to correct their program immediately. It CANNOT be MY computer if every site on the net fails to load this update. I have had many updates of other programs with no trouble, including Windows updates and a VERY BIG update by Microsoft changing my browser from IE7 to IE8.

Come off it Piriform, get the job corrected, otherwise I will reluctantly uninstall Defraggler and find another program.

At the moment I feel I am wasting my time raising this matter. Cannot SOMEBODY explain this update failure ?

Am I the only person on Planet Earth who has it ? At least, somebody is able to throw some light on it surely, instead of reading it and proceeding to ignore it.

THEN PLEASE DO !

KAS

HELLO, IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE ?

There are over 50 viewers and only 4 replies, 3 of which are my own.

Gee, it`s incredible. I joined this Piriform Forum to get an answer from Mother Goose herself on why their product is not working. So far, NOTHING ! I have not even got an answer on my enrolement data query.

Surely somebody can say something constructive on this issue. If a Piriform Forum cannot make make any comments on why their own product is not working, then what is the Forum for ?

I may as well find another Defrag product and dump Piriform Defraggler if this is the response and interest I get.

It would be so nice if just ONE person out of the 50+ who have read this thread starter could possibly say something relative to the problem described.

KAS

• Moderators

The plain fact of the matter Terence is that others are not really experiencing your problem.

I have already suggested one method you could try ( and by the way 'save' is a much safer way to install software as you can scan the exe before executing it) but you have dismissed it as too excessive a task for you.

Have you considered any method of troubleshooting this instead of just complaining about the fact no one (apart from myself) has replied to your post where you demand Piriform ''fix'' it's program. The program downloads fine for myself and many, many others.

Have you tried another browser (for troubleshooting purposes)? have you tried safe mode with networking?

Have you tried uninstalling the version you have and starting clean.

Now Terence, either we work through this ''issue'' in a quiet and calm manner or we don't. Which is it to be?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

The plain fact of the matter Terence is that others are not really experiencing your problem.

I have already suggested one method you could try ( and by the way 'save' is a much safer way to install software as you can scan the exe before executing it) but you have dismissed it as too excessive a task for you.

Have you considered any method of troubleshooting this instead of just complaining about the fact no one (apart from myself) has replied to your post where you demand Piriform ''fix'' it's program. The program downloads fine for myself and many, many others.

Have you tried another browser (for troubleshooting purposes)? have you tried safe mode with networking?

Have you tried uninstalling the version you have and starting clean.

Now Terence, either we work through this ''issue'' in a quiet and calm manner or we don't. Which is it to be?

Well put and much appreciated. I had already tried SAVE - it was not such an excessive task actually - and it froze up just like RUN. I never ignored you, I simply did not acknowledge it until more replies came in - THEY NEVER DID.

TO CONCLUDE THIS ISSUE ;-

Hazelnut - I did what you said - downloaded from FileHippo in Safe Mode + Networking.

It downloaded in seconds without any problems. I did forget to enable my AV security though.

I cannot express my thanks enough to you for taking the trouble to reply on this issue. After all, having had failures wherever I went, the issue appeared to be a Piriform fault - it was not.

It is a pity nobody else out of 60+ readers took the trouble to respond. All it needed was a few words and this misunderstanding could have been avoided. Not a good start for me within 24 hours of joining the Forum.

A final point HN - I have only in the past few days had my browser updated from IE7 to IE8, this "may" have caused a problem with these downloads, IE8 seems more security concious. Every time I went to a download site, FileHippo for example, I got an IE stopper message come up saying ;-

"To protect your security, IE has restricted this site from downloading files to your computer - check options"

Checking download OK, the downloads then froze up every time at 99% and I play "crash the computer" again. I began to look forward to it.

ISSUE SOLVED THANKS TO HAZELNUT.

KAS

Hi

I am havivng the same problem, I am still using V106.118

MKM :P

HELLO, IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE ?

There are over 50 viewers and only 4 replies, 3 of which are my own.

Gee, it`s incredible. I joined this Piriform Forum to get an answer from Mother Goose herself on why their product is not working. So far, NOTHING ! I have not even got an answer on my enrolement data query.

Surely somebody can say something constructive on this issue. If a Piriform Forum cannot make make any comments on why their own product is not working, then what is the Forum for ?

I may as well find another Defrag product and dump Piriform Defraggler if this is the response and interest I get.

It would be so nice if just ONE person out of the 50+ who have read this thread starter could possibly say something relative to the problem described.

KAS

• Moderators

MKM, If downloading it in safe mode with networking doesn't work for you (have you tried it?) I suggest if using IE you try start>all programs>accessories>system tools and select IE without addons.

If using FF do the same, run it without addons for the download.

Also clear your internet cache.

Don't use a download manager for the download.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com