Wheres davey?

Jamin4u

• Moderators

We all want the answer to that one Jamin, and myself and other mods have left pm's for him over the last few months, but no sign of him whatsoever.

We all sincerely hope all is well with davey, and that he'll surface again soon.

:(
Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

• 3 months later...

Any news? I too have looked to see if he has posted anything new and finally did a search and found this thread to find out if anyone knew anything about him.

Are any of the board op's able to see his regular email address and send him a note? I can't remember is sending an email here automatically notifies a user at their regular email or not.

I too would like to know if he is OK. He even came looking for me at one time to see where I had been, just busy with work fortunately.

Vic

Thing is we have no way of knowing if he just decided to leave as some folk do.

I think Davey would have said goodbye if he had decided to leave this forum for some reason. I miss him, he was always very nice.

BTW, what fairly regular member was it that announced some time ago that he was moving for a few years to some other country and would not be online for quite sometime? Just wondered.

• Moderators
BTW, what fairly regular member was it that announced some time ago that he was moving for a few years to some other country and would not be online for quite sometime?

Perhaps it was Xion44 since he hasn't posted in months? Don't know really. I don't know if he was the one who had his member name changed or not which gets super confusing trying to re-learn someone, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

• Moderators

There isn't a week that goes by when I don't think at least once about davey.

Strange how you get to "know" people on here, and also so frustrating that you normally have no way of finding out why someone just disappears from the scene.

Here are a couple of davey's last posts, and they really don't sound like someone who was planning on going anywhere.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=125751

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=125756

Last log in here at the forum was: 14th January 2009 - 11:07 AM. :mellow:

Do you know Jamin how old he was?

Yes, davey and I had many of conversations via PMs.

How old are you: Still pretty young in my book. That reminds me, I need to post in that topic.

Last year when our stock market first took a tumble I said to davey "I hope your retirement funds are in a safe place. Kinda scary isn't it!"

And his response was,

"HeHe !!! Like I have told others. My funds are in a safe place.

Wish I could figure out exactly where they are . Then I would go get them."

Sounds like davey. :)

• Moderators
Last year when our stock market first took a tumble I said to davey "I hope your retirement funds are in a safe place.

With the way the economy currently is people will be lucky if they can retire before entering their 70's, and I know some people who's investments have dwindled by at least 50%.