Error. Help me out

karisegraves

Hi all,

Just downloaded the latest s&d 1.4 something has gone wrong. When i finished the download i went for the latest updates which was fine ,chose the ones i wanted and clicked on download ,but for some reason it comes up with the message "bad checksum".i wondered if i had gone wrong somewhere so tried again but no joy.

I uninstalled then reinstalled but, it keeps coming up with the same message.

Can anybody help?

Hi all,

Just downloaded the latest s&d 1.4 something has gone wrong. When i finished the download i went for the latest updates which was fine ,chose the ones i wanted and clicked on download ,but for some reason it comes up with the message "bad checksum".i wondered if i had gone wrong somewhere so tried again but no joy.

I uninstalled then reinstalled but, it keeps coming up with the same message.

Can anybody help?

Download from another location maybe?

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

Yes, as comper6 advises, your bad checksum tells you that your downloaded file is not a perfect match with the intended original. Bad checksum = corrupt file = bad download.

Actually, Spybot gives you your choice of locations from which to update. Look carefully as it goes through its motions.

Bad checksums are common. No worries. Happens all the time. Never proceed with anything that has a bad checksum, because the function exists only to let you know that your copy is not a perfect match. Very useful.