date changing on internal clock

I just downloaded the latest version of CC V2.19.901 about two weeks ago. The most paculiar thing has happened. The last two times I've run CC the date on the internal system clock has jumped forward by one day. The hour and minute are ok just the day. Just started happening with the latest version. I've been using CC for the last 9 months and never saw this problem before. I've not changed any settings. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Can you state which operating system you use please?

It's unlikely to be ccleaner as it doesn't clean things like that.

Do you use any type of time sync software?

Vista 32 bit

no sync software

Does it happen after a 'normal' clean or a registry clean?

Are you then resetting the clock and it stays okay through reboots etc until the next time you use ccleaner?

Normal clean. As a rule I don't run the registry cleaner. Just not sure what I'm cleaning. I did not run the registry cleaner the last three times. Once I reset the clock it works ok. In fact, I ran CC again but unchecked all the systems boxes and the clock didn't change. No change it clock settings thru reboots etc.

Is ccleaner set to run on startup? If yes have you turned this off and tryed rebooting to see if the clock changes? This will narrow it down if it is ccleaner or not

No fate but what we make

Is ccleaner set to run on startup? If yes have you turned this off and tryed rebooting to see if the clock changes? This will narrow it down if it is ccleaner or not

I run CC manually from the desktop. It does not run automatically from startup. I have McAfee running automatically. I would point out that I never had this problem until I downloaded the latest version of CC about two weeks ago. Coincidence? Someone suggested that I uninstall CC and reinstall.

Same here. My son whom is home school had his assignments on his online messed up yesterday as I had run CCleaner just before that and did not realize it had changed the date to the next day. Fortunately his teacher was prompt at noticing this and emailing us to have it corrected. I have, nor never will, use any Norton product.

Same here. My son whom is home school had his assignments on his online messed up yesterday as I had run CCleaner just before that and did not realize it had changed the date to the next day. Fortunately his teacher was prompt at noticing this and emailing us to have it corrected. I have, nor never will, use any Norton product.

Thanks for the reply. I would point out that I don't use Norton. I use McAfee. Problem did not occur until I downloaded the latest version of CC. I unclicked all the Windows systems boxes and have had no re occurance of the problem. Got to be a bug in the new version of CC. I'm wondering if the staff at CC have looked into this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with CCleaner.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce this problem and we need your help.

Are you still experiencing this problem?

If you still having problems, could you please help by doing the following:

1 - Check your computer clock and make note of the current time,

2 - uncheck all entries in Cleaner screen and press "Run Cleaner" button,

3 - check your computer clock again, did the time change?

We will have to clean one entry at a time and make note of which ones changed the time by doing the following:

1 - Check your computer clock and make note of the current time,

2 - uncheck all entries in Cleaner screen,

3 - check one entry and press "Run Cleaner" button, did the time change?

4 - uncheck entry checked on number 3,

5 - repeat step 3 with a different entry, 4 and 5.

Please, let us know which entry caused the problem.

Many thanks!

I just downloaded the latest version of CC V2.19.901 about two weeks ago. The most paculiar thing has happened. The last two times I've run CC the date on the internal system clock has jumped forward by one day. The hour and minute are ok just the day. Just started happening with the latest version. I've been using CC for the last 9 months and never saw this problem before. I've not changed any settings. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Its possible your bios battery died

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff