Cookies don't get Cleaned

i'm positive they're not on my computer, though. (i manually browsed through 'cookie manager' looking for the ones in the list)

Then I would guess they are probably Flash cookies as these (AFAIK) don't show up with regular cookies on your computer.

You could do a search on your computer for all 'settings.sol' files and temporarily delete the ones in Flash folders to the recycle bin then open CCleaner and see if the cookies are still showing up in CC's cookie list. Theres no damage done then as you can safely restore the files from the recycle bin afterwards.

• Moderators
(i unchecked it a while ago - it deleted some game-save files i needed.)

thanks for the quick response.

You could add your game saves to CCleaners "Exclude" feature. "CCleaner\Option\Include File or Folder".

I have a couple of Flash Cookie folders excluded from:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

and

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

This enables me to clear everything else from those locations, including the "settings.sol" file JD mentions above.

You could add your game saves to CCleaners "Include" feature. "CCleaner\Option\Include File or Folder".

I have a couple of Flash Cookie folders excluded from:

and

This enables me to clear everything else from those locations, including the "settings.sol" file JD mentions above.

thank you very much, i'll try that right now.

i have adobe flash player unchecked, but i've never had this issue before.

are you positive i need to check it?

(i unchecked it a while ago - it deleted some game-save files i needed.)

You need it checked on versions 2.19.889, 2.19.900, 2.19.901 and 2.20.920. On 2.18.878 you don't need it checked and it cleans ALL cookies and on the lastest 2.21.940 you don't need it checked this bug as been fixed, well it as for me. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

forgot to thank you guys.

it's working fine now.

So what did you do finally? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k