Cookies don't get Cleaned

Hi all.

I've just joined a new forum http://forum.avast.com/ because I've changed to Avast! anti virus. I did a clean then went to the Avast forum and check which cookies are produced from that forum. I opened CC again and the same cookies are there before I cleaned so I'm not sure which one is the forum to save. I mean there are loads of cookies from sites that I've visited months ago but they are still showing in Cookies to Delete.

Now I've read lot of topics about cookies and problems with different browsers. I'm trying this option at work at first so its WinXP SP2 using IE6.0 only. I'm using the lastest version 2.19.901.

Thanks. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I've just ran CC at home and it came back with an error

The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate accessCCleaner	v2.19.889MS Windows 98 SE639MB RAMNVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400IT=3000ID=-1PR=DA=RK=RU=19CK=0SK=CookiesVK=VA=N_INT_COOKIESCR=57PF=0EI=0FL=7IIT=0FI=-1SI=0

I've never seen this before but after you click OK it carrys on cleaning. What I said before it doesn't clean my cookies at home either so I installed the last version 2.18.878 and it cleaned all cookies, as it should, well all I wanted it to clean.

Anyone else have this problem? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Ok todays update.

I start my comp up at work and check CC cookies and there are only 2 in there google my start page and our intranet page. So do these cookies get cleaned totally after you do a restart?

The version I'm using now 2.18.878 if you click on Options\Cookies and see whats in the Cookies to Delete list go back and do a clean then go back to the list there is nothing in there as it should be. Yesterday there were 30 in there and some sites I hadn't visited for a couple of months. ;)

We've had 71 views of this topic and there's only me commenting. As no one any comments?

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Ok todays update.

I start my comp up at work and check CC cookies and there are only 2 in there google my start page and our intranet page. So do these cookies get cleaned totally after you do a restart?

The version I'm using now 2.18.878 if you click on Options\Cookies and see whats in the Cookies to Delete list go back and do a clean then go back to the list there is nothing in there as it should be. Yesterday there were 30 in there and some sites I hadn't visited for a couple of months. ;)

We've had 71 views of this topic and there's only me commenting. As no one any comments?

I agree with this. I just found this annoying privacy breach this morning, which is what brought me here to this forum. I switched back to that older version and it was fixed just like it was with you. I definitely think this should be reverted or at least an option to prevent in future versions.

If you're a CCleaner developer reading this, please post something just saying that you read this, otherwise I'm going to contact somebody from Piriform soon.

Welcome to Piriform piriformatic.

I agree with this. I just found this annoying privacy breach this morning, which is what brought me here to this forum. I switched back to that older version and it was fixed just like it was with you. I definitely think this should be reverted or at least an option to prevent in future versions.

I'm glad someone else has found this problem I thought it was just me. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with Cookies.

As a reminder, version v2.19.889 introduced support for Flash Cookies. This means that all cookies collected by Flash Player are now also being displayed in the"Cookies to Delete" list.

In order to remove all cookies from the "Cookies To Delete" list you must, when cleaning, check Cookies options for all browsers installed and also check Multimedia->Adobe Flash Player in the Applications tab.

Thanks

Version History: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/version-history

• 2 weeks later...

I've downloaded and installed CCleaner 2.20.920 and it still doesn't delete the cookies so CCleaner 2.18.878 as gone back in and that does the job correctly.

I have my Adobe Flash Player unticked. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Thank you for your comments Jmood but I don't have problems with the Flash cookies only the normal cookies they don't get deleted.

Now another thing that I've noticed is I do a clean and the cookies are still there so I install CCleaner 2.18.878 because I know it cleans them all and I check Options - Cookies and they are gone. Do you have to close CC to see if they have been cleaned? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with Cookies.

As a reminder, version v2.19.889 introduced support for Flash Cookies. This means that all cookies collected by Flash Player are now also being displayed in the"Cookies to Delete" list.

In order to remove all cookies from the "Cookies To Delete" list you must, when cleaning, check Cookies options for all browsers installed and also check Multimedia->Adobe Flash Player in the Applications tab.

Thanks

Version History: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/version-history

I just rolled back to v2.19.889 and it still does not clean Flash cookies even though reporting it does. Is this bug on the "fix list" for a future release? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can any of you provide a list of cookies that are not being properly deleted by CCleaner?

It would also be easier if you can provide which browser you are using.

Many thanks!

Can any of you provide a list of cookies that are not being properly deleted by CCleaner?

I'm afraid that isn't possible because I did a rebuild at the weekend so everything is fresh and I put Win98SE back because WinME is s**t.

I do remember one site name that I haven't used for a few months http://monk.electude.com/ You need a username and password if you want to use the site, PM me.

See my sig IE6.0 SP1

Thank you MrT. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• 4 weeks later...

All Flash cookies are involved from what I can tell. I am using IE 7 and Firefox 3.0.10 with Win Vista Premium Home Edition, 64-bit version. If you go to the Adobe flash privacy manager page at http://www.macromedia.com/support/document..._manager06.html and Delete All Sites you will erase the Flash cookies. Then, go to any site that uses Flash cookies and poke around a bit. If you go back to the Adobe page you'll see the Flash cookies listed. Quit your browser and run Ccleaner and make sure the Flash cookie option is set to delete. My Ccleaner report says all are deleted (and lists them all by name in the deletion report), but when you go back to the Adobe page they are all still there. Thanks.

Hi,

Many thanks!

After digging around having just read a similar thread I discovered a flash cookie file not being deleted, located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

(WinXP)

I was just saying that CC 2.18.878 used to clean all Cookies to Delete whereas CC 2.19.889, 2.19.900, 2.19.901 and 2.20.920 didn't unless you ticked Adobe Flash Player in Applications which I never have ticked. This bug has now been fixed with 2.21.940. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators
After digging around having just read a similar thread I discovered a flash cookie file not being deleted, located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\settings.sol

(WinXP)

This is an example of what's in that cookie JD. I picked up a cool freeware utility on here recently called Peek, which enables you to read the contents of a lot of stuff.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=140482

Peek: Originally posted by Login123.

This is an example of what's in that cookie JD. I picked up a cool freeware utility on here recently called Peek, which enables you to read the contents of a lot of stuff.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=140482

Peek: Originally posted by Login123.

It was that post of yours that lead to me going digging and discovered that settings.sol and that it contained sites from a while back and it wasn't being deleted by CCleaner, have now added it as a custom deletion in CC.

Incidentally, didn't need a program to examine the contents, just opened it in notepad.

Welcome to Piriform goom.

just wanted to let you know, i've been having the same problem.

all my deleted cookies remain in the 'cookies to delete' (even though i no longer have them on my computer).

Yes, well if you read my comments above you will find that CC 2.18.878 was that last version that cleaned ALL cookies. The later ones do if you check the Adobe Flash Player. This has been fixed on the latest CC 2.21.940.

If you no longer have them on your computer how can CC delete them? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

The later ones do if you check the Adobe Flash Player. This has been fixed on the latest CC 2.21.940.

It hasn't been fixed, as I said in my post above CC is not detecting one of the Flash player cookie files.

It hasn't been fixed, as I said in my post above CC is not detecting one of the Flash player cookie files.

Well I'm sorry but thats why I made this topic and the latest 2.21.940 as fixed it for me. Do you have your Adobe Flash Player ticked?

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Well I'm sorry but thats why I made this topic and the latest 2.21.940 as fixed it for me. Do you have your Adobe Flash Player ticked?

Of course, always have had. Have you checked (on an XP system?) if the cookie file I mentioned is deleted? It certainly isn't here (I found sites listed in it that I haven't visited for quite some time) and would explain the other posters also experiencing not all flash cookies being removed.

Of course, always have had. Have you checked (on an XP system?) if the cookie file I mentioned is deleted? It certainly isn't here (I found sites listed in it that I haven't visited for quite some time) and would explain the other posters also experiencing not all flash cookies being removed.

Well as I've said before the last version that deleted ALL cookies was 2.18.878. Install that for a quick run to see what happens. I never have my Adobe Flash Player ticked. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Well as I've said before the last version that deleted ALL cookies was 2.18.878. Install that for a quick run to see what happens.

Hmmm, interesting. 2.18 does delete that Flash cookie file. Looked at the changelog for 2.19 and it says "Added support for Flash Cookies"?! So it cleaned all Flash cookies before, they added Flash cookie support and now it doesn't clean them all :blink:

Welcome to Piriform goom.

Yes, well if you read my comments above you will find that CC 2.18.878 was that last version that cleaned ALL cookies. The later ones do if you check the Adobe Flash Player. This has been fixed on the latest CC 2.21.940.

If you no longer have them on your computer how can CC delete them? ;)

i just meant they were still in the list.

i'm not sure why, that's why i was asking.

i'm positive they're not on my computer, though. (i manually browsed through 'cookie manager' looking for the ones in the list)

i have adobe flash player unchecked, but i've never had this issue before.

are you positive i need to check it?

(i unchecked it a while ago - it deleted some game-save files i needed.)

thanks for the quick response.