ccleaner speach recognition

Hi,

I've checked this with 2 clean installs of windows7, after you run ccleaner with every check box selected, the speech recognition software does not work any more, you get an error message saying that the "the recognizer language must match the language of the user interface. Please change the recognizer language in the speech recognition control panel under Advanced Options"

I know for sure that ccleaner caused this error, any suggestions on how i can fix this? I have not made a registry backup ... And changing the system locale does notwork ....

Welcome to Piriform Cross.

Hi,

I've checked this with 2 clean installs of windows7, after you run ccleaner with every check box selected, the speech recognition software does not work any more, you get an error message saying that the "the recognizer language must match the language of the user interface. Please change the recognizer language in the speech recognition control panel under Advanced Options"

I know for sure that ccleaner caused this error, any suggestions on how i can fix this? I have not made a registry backup ... And changing the system locale does notwork ....

Well I've never seen Windows 7 and I wouldn't blame CC for this error. I can tell you where to download then speech language. You need to download and install

SAPI 4.0 runtime support:

and

Speech recognition engines:

Now depending on what languages you want to install American and English have Sam so you need

Text-to-speech engines:

Just choose the langauge from the list. If your native language is English the download and install

Lernout & Hauspie TruVoice engine - American English (1.0 MB exe) and

Lernout & Hauspie TTS3000 engine - British English (2.5 MB exe)

Now don't think that if you download

Lernout & Hauspie TTS3000 TTS engine - Russian (2.9 MB exe) it will start to speak at you in Russian it won't it will speak Englisk with a Russian accent. You have you show it Russian text to speak in Russian.

There is the Speech control panel on the same page but I don't think you'll need that one. There are also all the Microsoft Agents on there I don't know if all are installed on Windows 7. have a look in your Windows folder at Msagent\Chars folder. You could have all 4 agents Genie.acs, Merlin.acs, Peedy.acs and Robby.acs. You can download these from here ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators

If you run CCleaner again do this then post it into this thread to help the developers:

1. Click the large Cleaner icon on the left, and click: Analyze (this doesn't clean anything)
  2. Right click the Analyzed list, and select: Save to text file (a good place is on the Desktop)
  3. Click the large Registry icon on the left, and click: Scan for issues
  4. If any invalid registry data is listed press on your keyboard CTRL+A, then right click the list and select: Save to text file (a good place is on the Desktop)
  5. Don't finalize the registry cleaning, instead close CCleaner.
  6. Upload both files to the forums in a new post, use the Manage Current Attachments feature at the bottom of the post you're typing.