Firefox problems with CCleaner v2.19.901

Jo3Bingham

You are cleaning your Firefox cookies off with CCleaner. When you clean EVERYTHING off?ALL your cookies?you lose your passwords.

You can set FIREFOX to keep certain cookies. At first it is a nuisance, but as soon as you understand it, it is okay. There are add-ons to help you with that, too.

You are cleaning your Firefox cookies off with CCleaner. When you clean EVERYTHING off?ALL your cookies?you lose your passwords.

You can set FIREFOX to keep certain cookies. At first it is a nuisance, but as soon as you understand it, it is okay. There are add-ons to help you with that, too.

I think he/she may mean that firefox is not getting the pages source elementID and then auto filling in the username and password fields.

If this is the case i cant imagine in the slightest how ccleaner could even effect this.

No fate but what we make

I have the same problem too.

I check CCleaner's cookie section and it no longer appears to detect any cookies.

Furthermore, even though I have certain cookies saved Firefox, it will still not remember/fill in said passwords.

Using Firefox 3.5b4

Have done so but when searched, I found no 'signons3' file in my entire C drive.

Problem remains.

Uninstall CCleaner and Firefox, reinstall Firefox, go to your favorite sites and save your passwords. Next, go to Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View (tab) and make sure 'Select hidden files and folders' is selected. Reinstall CCleaner and go to Options -> Exclude. Click 'Add File' and navigate as so; C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\signons3.txt. The 'xxxxxxxx.default' folder isn't really labeled that, but I'm pretty sure the xxxxxxxx part is different for each user so just look for a folder that has .default in the name.

That's interesting.

When I checked there was a signon3.txt. After uninstalling AND deleting the profile folder no such file was recreated. A leftover of 3.0.10? I'm using 3.5b4.

There is, however, a signons.sqlite file.

My passwords were not deleted with the deletion of the Firefox profile folder but for the time being they work.

CCleaner .901 portable continues to be unable to see new cookies, though.