DVD +R or -R, What's better?

Newhotness

• Moderators

I only wish they would have agreed on one DVD format instead of +/- which is the reason why I'm planning on getting a new DVD writter drive that supports the burning of both + and - versus just being stuck with + which is my current situation.

I only wish they would have agreed on one DVD format instead of +/- which is the reason why I'm planning on getting a new DVD writter drive that supports the burning of both + and - versus just being stuck with + which is my current situation.

ya the burner i'm looking at does both + and -, but theres a good deal on the dvd's themselves also so i was trying to decide which ones i'm gonna buy...it looks like the general consencus here is go with the +. Thankx for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

I.m a little late here, but what matters is your DVD player that you intend to use, and what you are burning. Most DVD players before 2002 are better off, and have a higher compatibility with-R. They will play DVD-RW, but not as well. It has been my experience that most movies play better on a DVD-R disc if you have a choice. Essentially what we have here is 2 trade groups at odds about format and money. The DVD player will provide documentation on what discs it will play. If a + will not play your movies, a - probably will.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

• 4 weeks later...