ERROR 1706

chrissywiss

When ever I try to scan an item I get the below error.

post-22021-1240777723_thumb.jpg

This error makes me believe this is a registry issue. When I select cancel I get this error:

post-22021-1240777767_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it? It started happening since I updated the HP Software.

I am on the vista system. Any ideas?

post-22021-1240777723_thumb.jpg

post-22021-1240777767_thumb.jpg

perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the software and drivers may help. The error seems to be an installer issue error relating to HP from what I can see from googling (which I had to do yesterday as I installed an HP all-in-one yesterday and got a network resource error similar to yours near the end of the installation, at the configuration stage of the setup. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it installed correctly the second time) .

Have a look at the following to see if there is anything that may be of help:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums...hreadId=1014990

perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling the software and drivers may help. The error seems to be an installer issue error relating to HP from what I can see from googling (which I had to do yesterday as I installed an HP all-in-one yesterday and got a network resource error similar to yours near the end of the installation, at the configuration stage of the setup. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and it installed correctly the second time) .

Have a look at the following to see if there is anything that may be of help:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums...hreadId=1014990

I agreed with Rob ;) This is corrupt MSI.Try to uninstall with Windows Cleanup Utility

and reinstall ;)

• 1 month later...

I recently updated our ERP software and CC. I then ran a registry scan.

When I tried to run the ERP software I got this error - never happened before.

Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Data Interface. The Windows installer cannot continue.

(It?s trying to find a msi file.)

After I restored the registry backup I could run the ERP software.

I uninstalled and re-installed the ERP software ? ran a registry scan, same error. The only way to get the ERP software to run is to restore the old registry backup and not run CC.

I have looked at registry issues and can?t find a reference to msi files or even a reference to the ERP software.

Not sure what to look for.

post-28926-1243437457_thumb.jpg

post-28926-1243437457_thumb.jpg