Adobe Flash settings

w8sdz

When a user has configured Adobe Flash default preferences in settings.sol they should not be deleted. Some users may wish to have this file deleted, so I am proposing a new preference setting be added with the default of do not delete settings.sol.

73 de w8sdz - Keith

• Moderators

Hi Keith, and welcome to Piriform.

A lot of Websites now use "settings.sol" files, or "flash cookies" as they are commonly known, instead of, or as well as, normal text cookies.

I use a couple of sites which keep all my login details and site preferences stored in "settings.sol" files, but there are others deposited on my PC which I want removed.

The trouble is, these cookies all have the same name, and can only be differentiated by either the fact that they are stored in a folder carrying the web sites name, or by opening each file in notepad, where you will find sufficient information to tell you exactly which site the file belongs to, and usually details of your particular settings.

Thereby lies the difficulty of adding a preference in CCleaner not to delete "settings.sol" files.

The solution is to find which particular "settings.sol" file contains the details of the settings of which you speak, and adding that file to CCleaners exclude list.

This is the way I keep my particular files from being deleted.

These files are usually kept in one, or both, of the following locations:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\EJR7ZWV7

and

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Note, the bold highlighted number is a salted number, and will differ on your PC.

Find the location of the relevant "settings.sol" file, and then go to CCleaner\Options\Exclude\Add File or Folder, and navigate to that location. Once entered, the file will be retained by CCleaner.

Hope this helps, but post back if you need further information.