Windoes xp support reducing

hazelnut

Just going to be so hard to get users to move to Windows 7 when updates will be provided for XP until 2014 :o

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Just going to be so hard to get users to move to Windows 7 when updates will be provided for XP until 2014 :o

I dont understand why you think users should. I for one, will stay with XP as long as it lasts.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

I love XP but I also think there comes a time when you need to move on!

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

• Moderators
The reduced phase of support for XP has now started

I'm in reduced phase of interest in anything Microsoft. :P With two of their products XP and Office 2003 in reduced phase I await their end date.

I'm still not interested in any future MS operating system yet, and even thinking of Windows 7 (which I'm not) would mean a new PC would probably have to be purchased to run it properly. Then again this aging PC of mine may have life left in it yet hooked up to my HDTV as an offline audio/video only device for music and movies with no need to ever worry about needing any security updates, etc.

I'm in reduced phase of interest in anything Microsoft. :P With two of their products XP and Office 2003 in reduced phase I await their end date.

I'm still not interested in any future MS operating system yet, and even thinking of Windows 7 (which I'm not) would mean a new PC would probably have to be purchased to run it properly. Then again this aging PC of mine may have life left in it yet hooked up to my HDTV as an offline audio/video only device for music and movies with no need to ever worry about needing any security updates, etc.

With all due respect, what OS do you use?

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

The reduced phase of support for XP has now started

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...ticleId=9131505

We are actually still ok by 2014, because only bug fixes have been stopped, not security fixes. Rarely see a bug fix on auto updates, always see security fix.

link1.gif link1.gif

• Moderators
We are actually still ok by 2014, because only bug fixes have been stopped, not security fixes. Rarely see a bug fix on auto updates, always see security fix.

That is what is says in the link compre, only security fixes will be free now.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

"Noooooo ! Seven is bad ! Change is bad ! I did not test Seven but it is bad because it is from Microsoft !!!!!!!!"

<_<

Everybody should update to Vista / Seven, and not simply listen to self-proclamed computers gurus / people making other OSes saying they are bad.

http://www.darkreading.com/security/manage...cleID=208803818

"Noooo! Microsoft said it ! They are liars !!!!!"

Piriform French translator

"Noooooo ! Seven is bad ! Change is bad ! I did not test Seven but it is bad because it is from Microsoft !!!!!!!!"

<_<

Everybody should update to Vista / Seven, and not simply listen to self-proclamed computers gurus / people making other OSes saying they are bad.

http://www.darkreading.com/security/manage...cleID=208803818

"Noooo! Microsoft said it ! They are liars !!!!!"

Three points of Vista

1) UAC

2) Legacy Apps compatibility

3) Vista= More than 6 versions, XP=3ish versions

link1.gif link1.gif

Some people complain about how many errors on there computer they have and they use windows ME.

WinME was the worst OS that M$ ever made. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I recently installed ME on a small partition on my mostly XP drive.

Even though there's tons of old updates for it via Windows updates, I left it as is. And I didn't uninstall any tertiary/3rd party apps except for McAfee.

(I don't go online with it because, well, you know, security.) However, I gotta say, I've had zero problems with it so far. No freezes or anything.

It figures. When I had ME as my only OS in 1999/2000 it was driving me absolutely bonkers.

• Moderators
When I had ME as my only OS in 1999/2000 it was driving me absolutely bonkers.

I've noticed that as well with my old Win98 computer that's collecting dust upstairs on a shelf. It runs perfectly fine immediately after installing the OS and pretty much leaving it as a base setup.

Now fast forward and install a bunch of apps and updates and it starts acting up. I may have to dust off that old Win98 system because I've had a severe itch for months now to play some Descent 3 which doesn't play right at all on my XP system.

i have windoes xp and i got some computer games that i just got and when i down load it then play the game it keep on saying failed to start beause physxloader.dll was not found what sould i do to fix it and get it to work again

i have windoes xp and i got some computer games that i just got and when i down load it then play the game it keep on saying failed to start beause physxloader.dll was not found what sould i do to fix it and get it to work again

You should really start a new topic for this as it is a seperate issue.

Physx drivers are here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0408_whql.html

fireryone