C Disc Fragmentation 35%

norton

Can Defraggler progamme sort out my apparent fragmentation issue and if so how should I use the programme to sort it?

35% fragmentation is shown on my C disc after I defrag my list of files but little or nothing is listed in the file list as an issue.

I came to to use defaggler after windows disc defragmentor started to stop defragmenting around 12% of the way through and show a report saying some files could not be defragmented. None were listed however in the report.

I recently increased the computer RAM from 512kb to 2 GB and I think this issue started around the time of the memory change although I am not absolutely certain?

Help that can be offered will be much appreciated.

Are the fragmented files in C:\System Volume Information, or C:\pagefile.sys, or C:\hiberfile.sys, or things in C:\ beginning with a $ like $MFT, $Logfile, $MFTMirr, etc ?

Piriform French translator

Are the fragmented files in C:\System Volume Information, or C:\pagefile.sys, or C:\hiberfile.sys, or things in C:\ beginning with a $ like $MFT, $Logfile, $MFTMirr, etc ?

Hello Aethec

Thanks for your interest.

After defrag there are 2 x pagefil.sys and 2 x hiberfile.sys and 37% fragmentation.

I hope this information is enough for you to understand my query?

Regards