CyberLynk PowerDVD

craigathus

Ok this is strange :blink:

I put a movie DVD in my new PC's DVD drive and from a list of players I selected "CyberLynk PowerDVD" as the player.

The splash screen appears and then a message saying...

DVD Region Error

Unable to play this DVD because it does not match the region code of your disk player.

Please insert a disk created for your region or change the region code of your disk player.

I closed "CyberLynk PowerDVD" and didn't change the region code.

I ejected the disk and then put the same disk back in.

This time I selected "Windows Media Player" and the movie DVD started playing!

Without changing the region code I tried using "CyberLynk PowerDVD" again and this time it worked!

I still haven't changed the region code!

The region code is set to (1) and the region code for Australia is supposed to be (4) :blink:

Should I change the region code to (4)?

After restarting my PC and trying to use "CyberLynk PowerDVD" I'm getting the "DVD Region Error" again!

Any ideas?

Craig

• Moderators

The region code should be set to your countries usable region code to avoid such issues. Do note you can only change the region code five times for a drive in XP, and formatting and reinstalling Windows doesn't refresh that count meter.

Not sure why its doing it, but if you have other regions dvd's, you may want to consider a firmware upgrade/hack for the drive to make it almost region free.

Usually you can change it 5 times then its stuck to the last region, ive used one the resets the counter to 5 every restart :)

But the usual warning with firmware upgrades: follow them to the letter and even then you risk bricking the player, and almost certainly break the warranty.

fireryone

The region code should be set to your countries usable region code to avoid such issues. Do note you can only change the region code five times for a drive in XP, and formatting and reinstalling Windows doesn't refresh that count meter.

Yes I know about the 5 chances you have to set it right :lol:

I had to set it to region (4) for Australia ;)

Today none of the players would play a DVD without it being reset :lol:

Craig