Recuva crashing during analyze

Sulaco

Recuva is crashing during the analyze phase. I press scan, it scans the drive(which is a hard drive enclosed in an external enclosure accessed via usb port) and finds a ton of files I am trying to recover. Then it goes into the analyze mode. It reaches 100% in analyze, and then I get the microsoft windows "your program has stopped working window" with these details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Recuva.exe

Application Version: 1.25.0.409

Application Timestamp: 49c10880

Fault Module Name: Recuva.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.25.0.409

Fault Module Timestamp: 49c10880

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0003665a

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: cd44

Additional Information 2: ff134749c2b4f07ed47ec90986d4dc77

Additional Information 3: 41ce

Additional Information 4: 4a999caa04d55df2fe3e13d981e8a2d5

any ideas or help you could possibly give would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

Until someone comes along with the real answer, just cancel stage 2 of Recuva. I always do and it doesn't seem to make the slightest difference to the file state report, which isn't really important anyway, you can always look at the innards of any particular file you find.

Until someone comes along with the real answer, just cancel stage 2 of Recuva. I always do and it doesn't seem to make the slightest difference to the file state report, which isn't really important anyway, you can always look at the innards of any particular file you find.

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a whirl and see what happens.

Just tried doing it, after waiting through another lengthy scan, and the same thing happened. I canceled it almost immediately after stage 2 started and i got the same "Stopped working" routine.

ugh.