C Cleaner

ehpkv

What's the deal? I can't locate a technical support link for CCleaner & nobody answered my first appeal for help. Here it is again:

I tried C Cleaner and the results were the opposite of what I expected ? my computer went from slow operation to a snail?s pace. I tried Reg Cure too, but they took my money and are seemingly ?unavailable? (as is their support), therefore I took advantage of being able to try your product prior to buying it (contributing).

After using your product and encountering problems, I restored the backup file, but that didn't help. (I'm running XP.)

Please give me some direction. My unit is running slower than an AT & I would like to avoid the exorbitant cost of the local OJT geek mill.

Eric

• Moderators

OI

#1 there is no buying it's a freeware program

#2 We're all just users of the product not per se technical support

#3 This post, and the previous post you made, neither really tell us what you mean by "slower than it was"

What did you use? the cleaner or the registry integrity?

What did you remove?

What is slower? the internet? the entire computer? Turning on the computer? shutting down the computer?

What version of Ccleaner did you use?

Have you restarted the computer before or after running the restore registry.

Did you follow the best practices for registry cleaning (see my signature) or did you just say clean everything?

what is reg cure and did you run it at the same time as CCleaner?

As you can see all this thread and your previous has done is put us in a question not an answer.\

May-haps you should be right and tell us the things you did remove.

oh and in case i didn't make it clear, read my signature :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

OI

#1 there is no buying it's a freeware program

#2 We're all just users of the product not per se technical support

#3 This post, and the previous post you made, neither really tell us what you mean by "slower than it was"

What did you remove?

What is slower? the internet? the entire computer? Turning on the computer? shutting down the computer?

Did you follow the best practices for registry cleaning (see my signature) or did you just say clean everything?

As you can see all this thread and your previous has done is put us in a question not an answer.\

oh and in case i didn't make it clear, read my signature :)

Thank you very much for your reply. the following are the questions you asked, with my responses.

I used the cleaner and may have inadvertently used the registry integrity. My objective was to clean up my registry, nothing else.

What did you remove?

I think this is where I messed things up ? I thought the list of files that was retrieved (a rather extensive one) was the list the program suggested to be removed. I thought these were the superfluous registry files.

The only function that didn?t seem to have been affected were the shutdown, start/re-start functions ? other than that, everything else was adversely affected.

V2.16.930

Yes.

I?m not sure I understand what you are calling your signature.

Reg cure, as far as my experience goes, is an untried program that ostensibly cleans registries. It is marketed by a flakey company that took my money and thereafter was impossible to contact. I down loaded it but did not install it.

This I understand. But I had to start somewhere. And again, I thank you for any advice you might offer in helping me to rectify the problem.

Whereas I cannot tell you all of the files I removed, I followed the suggestion to make a CCleaner initiated backup, prior to preceding with the operation. In an attempt to fix the problem that occurred I also did a restore of the backup, but that didn?t seem to change anything.

Again, thanks - Eric

• Moderators

Ccleaner does not touch system restore so it may be worth considering posting in the Spyware Hell part of tis forum.

This will eliminate malware as part of your problem.

Here is the Spyware Hell part of the forum

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

Make sure you read the 'pinned' bit near the top which says ''Before You Post!''

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

C Cleaner kinda messed up my comp to, I had it and then restarted my comp and then I had to do system restore and my comp is still a little messed up. I didn't change any of the settings or anything really, I just installed it, ran it, restarted and boom.