CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ukwasp

Works Suite 2004

Get the following message when attempting to install it:

"This patch packet could not be opened . Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch packet".

The DVD it is on was supplied with the PC at the time of purchase of the PC. There are six programmes in the suite, but in particular Word refuses to install itself. By mistake I erased it! However, it is still shown in Control Panel but cannot be shifted by the "remove" feature.

I have the Word Product key Nos. to re-install it - if I could shift it completely.

Comments/suggestions gratefully appreciated.

12th August.

I have now resolved the problem (thanks to member rridgeley - see Important Items/Freeware)

by downloading Open Office 2. What a super programme!

Get the following message when attempting to install it:

"This patch packet could not be opened . Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer  patch packet".

The DVD it is on was supplied with the PC at the time of purchase of the PC. There are six programmes in the suite,  but in particular Word refuses to install itself. By mistake I erased it!  However, it is still shown in Control Panel but  cannot be shifted by the "remove"  feature.

I have the Word Product key Nos. to re-install it  -  if I could shift it completely.

Comments/suggestions gratefully appreciated.