Spyware Apps

greyowl2

I've been using Avira's Antivir Premium for awhile now and I'm beginning to think that other than a softwall firewall and router, Avira Premium is all that's needed.

I run Avira Premium as well, and I'm very happy with it too, but I still believe Malwarebytes Antimalware is a very useful addition to any antivirus. They specialize in baddies that AVs generally either pay less attention to, or have trouble removing, and the MBAM team really is on top of currently 'in the wild' malware

There are even numerous examples of Avira (as well as Symantec, and no doubt other AV's) staff actually recommending MBAM to get rid of particularly resilient malware...

Hi Tony, I'd be interested to hear your take on Sandboxie. Do you think Anti-Spyware is still required if you always run your browser sandboxed?

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Hi Tony, I'd be interested to hear your take on Sandboxie. Do you think Anti-Spyware is still required if you always run your browser sandboxed?

Hi Woody. :)

I've never used Sandboxie myself. I have a test box I can hose whenever I want, and on my main box I have Acronis True Image installed which has a handy Sandbox feature of itself called "Try&Decide" which I use as well

That said, as there is a variety of ways one can get infected, not just by browsing the net, I think a good Anti-Malware is always a useful addition.