I need instructions to exclude a registry key

khaw

I need instructions to exclude a registry key:

Unused File Extension {80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79} HKCR\{80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79}

The CCleaner dont remove.

Thanks.

This is a file extension from the new Antivir 9. I believe it was in the old versions also as a search from Google showed this forum and a mod expressing concern about it back then. I have the same problem and it seems in use but has the incorrect path. I have made a topic about it here with no help either.

http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=...;threadID=85175

• Moderators
I need instructions to exclude a registry key:

Unused File Extension {80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79} HKCR\{80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79}

I've excluded that key before when I used to use AntiVir and CCleaner's built in exclude wouldn't allow it, so it has to be inputted manually. :rolleyes:

There's only one way to get it to exclude:

1. Start CCleaner, then click Options->Advanced, now tick:

Save all settings to INI file

2. Close CCleaner.

3. Open Notepad, then open this file with it:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.ini

4. If you have other exclusions they'll be listed in ccleaner.ini, and this new exclusion must be in alphanumerical order, i.e.; if you already have say two exclusions like Exclude1 and Exclude2 this new one must be Exclude3.

5. This is the exclusion to put into ccleaner.ini, note that the Exclude number is just an example since I don't know what exclusions you already have:

Exclude3=REG|HKCR\{80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79}

I've excluded that key before when I used to use AntiVir and CCleaner's built in exclude wouldn't allow it, so it has to be inputted manually. :rolleyes:

There's only one way to get it to exclude:

1. Start CCleaner, then click Options->Advanced, now tick:

Save all settings to INI file

2. Close CCleaner.

3. Open Notepad, then open this file with it:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.ini

4. If you have other exclusions they'll be listed in ccleaner.ini, and this new exclusion must be in alphanumerical order, i.e.; if you already have say two exclusions like Exclude1 and Exclude2 this new one must be Exclude3.

5. This is the exclusion to put into ccleaner.ini, note that the Exclude number is just an example since I don't know what exclusions you already have:

Exclude3=REG|HKCR\{80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79}

:lol: Ok, removed, thanks...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...