How many different programs does it take tobe secure

joanie707

There are so many recommendations on so many security programs that my head is spinning.

The last time I asked in a forum I think is OK but I really trust Piriform and use CC, defrag--and recova when need be and love them, recommend them and would not be without them.

but in the area of anti-virus, anti-spy, anti-malware, what is the difference in these three and do I need programs to battle

all three, is there not one King Cobra to kill em all. I was contemplating buying (and not eating for a week)

1. spyware detector ----- spybot came up as i was installing calling this malicious software ---so that's out

2. Shield Deluxe 2009

Now as far as being covered would these do it

currently I have Avira----spybot----malware bytes

For antivirus I think I like Shield Deluxe --- Tucows gives it 5 stars

and that's as far as I can figure it out today--got to go for a few hours but I am totally mixed up, i was going to join a learning forum like geeks to go, I need to get a handle on all this. Any input would be highly prized, i am sure all this has been addressed but going from one to the other has left this old girl totally in the dark, I always try to KISS but I failed to do that, or it is impossible to do as far as all this is concerned

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I tend to steer everyone away from programs that have a year in its title (2009, etc.) because a lot of rogue spywares use that technique in their evil products.

Avast and Anti-Vir have great free versions of their antivirus programs. And they're not bloated.

Malwarebytes' AntiMalware (MBAM) has a free version, also excellent.

With Avast, MBAM, and CCleaner I am covered. No problems.