Cleaning Google Earth Cache

trparky

• Moderators

I thought it already did. I don't use Google Earth, so I can't check this myself.

Unless Google have moved the goalposts, or a location has been missed by the developers, it's covered in CCleaners embedded ini file.

This is the 2.17 ini.

t749_20090313230328.jpg

Check this out, and if you can post the location you refer to, then that would assist in an inclusion in a future CCleaner version.

EDIT: I have no idea where that first image went, but it's back now.

• Moderators

@Dennis I installed Earth just now (I thought it had a planetary location i wanted but was wrong :( ).

and it doesn't show in ccleaner anymore Poster is correct

also @Dennis, something happened and your picture changed from ini to the current windows explorer screenshot

@Poster are you running Vista?

Current ini file is

[Google Earth]LangSecRef=3021Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Google Earth PlusDetect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Google\Google Earth ProDefault=TrueFileKey1=%appdata%\Google\GoogleEarth|dbcache.datFileKey2=%appdata%\Google\GoogleEarth|dbcache.dat.indexRegKey1=HKCU\Software\Google\Google Earth Plus\SearchRegKey2=HKCU\Software\Google\Google Earth Pro\Search

________________________________________________________________________________

My Data

Vista SP1

Here are the Vista locations

C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\LocalLow\Google\GoogleEarth\dbcache.dat

C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\LocalLow\Google\GoogleEarth\dbcache.dat.index

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Earth Plus\Search

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\Google Earth Plus

________________________________________________________________________________

New WINAPP2.ini entry

[**Google Earth (nergal mod for vista)]LangSecRef=3021Detect=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Google\Google Earth PlusDetect2=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Google\Google Earth ProDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Google\GoogleEarth|dbcache.datFileKey2=%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Google\GoogleEarth|dbcache.dat.indexRegKey1=HKCU\Software\Google\Google Earth Plus\SearchRegKey2=HKCU\Software\Google\Google Earth Pro\Search

See pic of this working :)

This should work for XP (my XP computer is not here so if some one could check it)

[**Google Earth (nergal mod for XP)]LangSecRef=3021Detect=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Google\Google Earth PlusDetect2=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Google\Google Earth ProDefault=TrueFileKey1=%AppData%\Google\GoogleEarth|dbcache.datFileKey2=%AppData%\Google\GoogleEarth|dbcache.dat.indexRegKey1=HKCU\Software\Google\Google Earth Plus\SearchRegKey2=HKCU\Software\Google\Google Earth Pro\Search

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Metal :huh: what you posted in the thread you linked is a different issue (And one that I do not seem to see in my google folder) as can be seen in the pic below

this thread refers to The locations of Google earth not being the same as listed in the embedded ini

As for your question not being answered Davey is NOT nobody he's is an uber uber uber user and real cool to boot

P.S. I just tested and I am using WinXP SP3 and the Google Earth cache is not being cleaned for me either.

There must be a problem with the winapp.ini entry for Google Earth.

And again as I said it seems that google fixed this and is not cache to that location anymore the two files deleted are the Cache files (as well as the searchhistory)

http://earth.google.com/support/bin/answer...mp;answer=20712

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Metal :huh: what you posted in the thread you linked is a different issue (And one that I do not seem to see in my google folder) as can be seen in the pic below

this thread refers to The locations of Google earth not being the same as listed in the embedded ini

As for your question not being answered Davey is NOT nobody he's is an uber uber uber user and real cool to boot

And again as I said it seems that google fixed this and is not cache to that location anymore the two files deleted are the Cache files (as well as the searchhistory)

http://earth.google.com/support/bin/answer...mp;answer=20712

You posted so fast that I'm not sure if you actually read my whole post.

As for Davey, I meant besides him.

He was the only one who replied.

Thanks again Davey. ;)

But anyways, back then I had google earth v4.3

(then I discovered maps.google.com :P )

but I still have Windows XP sp3

The current ini file cleans the dbcache files for XP.

So my point is that if piriform makes a new winapp2.ini file

I would like to see the whole cache been cleaned this time.

• Moderators

Well well, I'm pleased I said it was covered in the Winapp.ini unless Google Earth had moved the goalposts, and it seems they might just have.

I don't have or have ever had Google Earth, so all us volunteers can do is thank you guys for bringing the point up, and I'm sure it will be rectified in a future version of CCleaner.

Moving the goalposts seems to be a developers habit these days. Opera cookies, Firefox cookies etc etc keep getting moved to different locations.

Methinks they don't want us to find them.