CCleaner & Windows Updates

The Don

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can confirm an issue I am having with Windows Updates when going to the Review History Updates.

As of a week now when going to check the Review History Updates via Windows Update I noticed only this last week of items showing in the Review History Updates. Whereas before I would have pages of all the items I have ever downloaded from Windows Updates and showing if failed or successful.

My question is can this be happening because of CCleaner or maybe an option I have enabled in CCleaner?

Not blaming CCleaner .. it is a good program but just want to make sure and see if also others have noticed this behavior in Windows Update.

NOTE: I do not have the option "Hotfix Uninstaller" ticked in CCleaner.

Thanks in advacne.

• Moderators

The only thing I can think of is if you're using winapp2.ini and have used this cleaner that's in it:

[*Windows Update Logs]LangSecRef=3025DetectFile=%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\LogsDefault=FalseFileKey1=%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs|*.*

The only thing I can think of is if you're using winapp2.ini and have used this cleaner that's in it:

[*Windows Update Logs]LangSecRef=3025DetectFile=%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\LogsDefault=FalseFileKey1=%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs|*.*

Thanks for the quick reply Andavari.

Yes I do have winappi2 and use it with CCleaner. Though if what you are saying is true than why is Windows Updates still keeping the Review history Updates of this last week when I use CCleaner to clean with same options several times a day.

Anyone can actually confirm this or is it a Windows Update problem.

Also can anyone check if they are having this issue too. Just curious.

Have you tried Dial-a-Fix?

http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix

It does not work with Vista though.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• 7 months later...