Check out these screenshots of the same site!

slowday444

• Moderators

The FF screenshot looks like it's using either Arial, Tahoma, or Verdana, or something similiar. The IE screenshot looks like it using Times New Roman, which isn't the best for reading.

Open Firefox and find out what font it's using then:

Right click the IE desktop icon -> select properties -> click Fonts

Use the font Firefox says it's using, or use a different similiar font. You may have to play with various fonts, etc.

Also after you select the font you may have to:

In IE click: View -> Text Size -> Select a font size.

Heh, the page rendering in the IE screenshots looks horrible.

IE needs to learn to follow and keep up with the webstandards. ;)

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

I've seen bad page rendering happen in every web browser I've ever used; IE, Mozilla Suite, Netscape, and Opera. Too many site's I've seen rely upon a WYSIWYG program which doesn't necessarily end up being "what you see is what you get."

It's too bad that site designer's have to do so many hacks, or have more than one version of a page just to make a site viewable for all browsers which is sometimes futile since not all browsers will be able to display the page correctly.

• Moderators

Obviously it was a settings issue on that persons pc. I agree that IE needs some work but how can you say its not up to web standards when IE is the standard. As much as I'm sure you hate to hear it, IE is still the number one most widely used browser. I'm sure the good people at yahoo know this and make sure their pages load correctly with IE.

• Moderators

Although IE has many problems, the most of which I see as security issues I still find it necessary to occassionally use it when a site won't work with my other two installed browsers Mozilla Suite, and Opera.

Anyways, this thread isn't about IE's rendering or failings, it's about configuring IE to display similiarly to FF.

Nope! Had already tried it both ways. From search and postings on other boards it is apparently an IE thing that can't be changed without changing the resolution. IE7 is supposed to fix it. The only fix (I searched freeware for two hours) was PrintPunk which works perfectly for those few times I must use IE and don't want to have to change reslution or scroll left and right. I'll purchase PrintPunk if IE7 doesn't correct the problem.

Also, this is an XPHome and/or (my)PC problem, because here at work, with 800x600 setting, web pages open alike (the same size) between FF and IE. From what I can tell my security and advanced settings in Internet Options are also alike. I shouldn't even consider it a problem, it's more like a fascination (not obsession either! lol).

The screenshot you posted is of Yahoo not being formatted via CSS, which is not a bug that is waiting to be fixed in IE7.

Sigh again, try this: http://DjLizard.net/resetaccessibility.reg

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)