Free Registry Defrag 2.36 released

Andavari

• Moderators

Product: Free Registry Defrag

Version: 2.36

License: Freeware

Released: Friday, February 20, 2009

Supports: Microsoft Windows 98 and newer ("WinAll")

Free Registry Defrag is 100% clean, it doesn't install any malware, and can be installed without any concerns whatsoever.

Download: http://www.registry-clean.net/free-registry-defrag.htm

I tried it on my new Vista system and it is a 15 day evaluation copy with US$29.95 cost to keep using it.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I tried it on my new Vista system and it is a 15 day evaluation copy with US$29.95 cost to keep using it.

But... But... Andavari's post says its freeware.

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

ERUNT has a registry optimizer as well correct? Any differences between the two?

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

• Moderators

If I remember rightly ERUNT goes ahead and optimizes whenever you run it. This app scans and then gives you the result, as it isn't always necessary to do the defrag.

It's nice to have the option to not run it when it isn't needed.

I'm referring more towards the NTREGOPT.exe that is included in the installation. But I definitely understand what you are saying about having a choice. NTREGOPT just does it, without giving a status or asking "are you sure?".

link1.gif

Definitely free. You must've used the wrong download button Ken. It's just above the screenshot. The one on the left is the paid version.

I finally found Free Registry Defrag and it seems to work OK.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I'm referring more towards the NTREGOPT.exe that is included in the installation. But I definitely understand what you are saying about having a choice. NTREGOPT just does it, without giving a status or asking "are you sure?".

NTREGOPT does not work in Vista.

It gave many authority denied errors then said that it was going to optimize the registry 101% at which point I canceled it then un-installed it. :blink:

I like learning new things but sometimes I dive head first into shallow water and hurt myself but I'm learning to ward off danger as well.

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Sorry for the download confusion YoKenny. I was going to give the Download.com link, but it's currently outdated and showing the old version so I linked to that actual official website instead. And yeah, they do have a commercial registry cleaner which they have a link to in the reg defrag program which I've tried before but won't ever need since there's CCleaner, etc., that are freeware.

I finally found Free Registry Defrag and it seems to work OK.

Worked fine for me in Vista Kenny... I don't know why you had such problems :/

link1.gif

Worked fine for me in Vista Kenny... I don't know why you had such problems :/

I downloaded the wrong version as I did not read properly when I went to Download I saw Registry Clean Expert and had to go to Our Freeware: to find Free Registry Defrag

IE7Pro user

Why do you prefer the Auslogic's software over this one?

link1.gif

Why do you prefer the Auslogic's software over this one?

I'm not answering for abu aufa, but they probably both do a pretty good job. However, the Auslogic version may provide a little more registry information for the user -- and it definitely has a much more attractive interface (GUI). Other than that, abu will have to respond for himself.

I'm not answering for abu aufa, but they probably both do a pretty good job. However, the Auslogic version may provide a little more registry information for the user -- and it definitely has a much more attractive interface (GUI). Other than that, abu will have to respond for himself.

I tried many free registry cleaner and compare it.I found Auslogics did very well.It defrags your registry after reboot hive by hive and give the result when its done.Don't forget to turn off your antivirus / firewall before analyse n defragging.It will compact your registry and improve comp performance.

Unfortunately,now available for paid version.You still can find latest freeware version in

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Registr...ry-Defrag.shtml marked as Adware

http://majorgeeks.com/Auslogics_Registry_Defrag_d5668.html

http://www.download.com/Auslogics-Registry....html?tag=mncol

FYI > Registry Cleaner is 15 day Trial. Registry Defrag is Free Tool from same vendor.

Respectfully submitted

bjm