Registry Cleaner

AliceZ

I have 3 computers with WinXPsp3 and on each I have CCleaner.

When I run the CCleaner on one of them and do a Registry Scan, nothing is reported. Fine

On the other two (one of them recently received) when I run the CCleaner and then the Registry Scan, I keep getting a 20 or more entries mentioning something like "Uninstaller Ref Issue." I notice this happens ONLY after I have opened the Add/Remove in the Control Panel. If I don't open the Add/Remove I never see those entries. I have heard that other people also see the same thing when they open Add/Remove in Control Panel and then run a CC Registry Scan.

Since I notice it on two machines, I know it is not one computer acting up.

Anyone else see the same thing?

Anyone know how this can be fixed?

Alice

I will test this out now...

Thanks.

Yeah, I remember now. I posted similar message back about a year ago (don't see it in my subscriptions) and someone told me those entries were showing because I had opened the Add./Remove in Control Panel and sure enough, when I opened the Add/Remove again, I looked in the CC Registry Sann and all those items were back there again.

He said he knew about it because he was seeing the same thing. I hope he sees this post so I am not imagining this (even though I am sure I am not).

You might not see it as I mentioned I did not see it on one of my computers,. but did see it on my other two (including one just bought a few days ago).

I have the same issue with CCleaner now that you mention it... It happened the same way that you explained it.

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

I have the same issue with CCleaner now that you mention it... It happened the same way that you explained it.

Keith

Wonderful to hear!!! I am not alone!

I think it might be something that CCleaner adm should address.

Alice this is the thread where this was discussed previously a year ago

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...amp;#entry95989

Thanks hazelnut. While there's no real clarity in that thread on what those entries mean exactly, it's reassuring to see others have them and have had no problems after deleting them. I myself have always deleted them without any problems.

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

• Moderators
I can confirm that is does do it, but not sure not the reason yet.

It's because CC cleans this registry location which by the way does contain garbage that should be cleaned up, especially after uninstalling software:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache

Anyone can of course exclude that location, however do keep in mind that over time or just a few days the ARPCache will fill up with old obsolete junk.

I didn't even know I answered this one already, should've looked at your link first. Oh well the info is in two places now.

Yes, now I remember asking question back then. I was just surprised to notice those 21 items in my Registry and then I realized I had opened the Add/Remove prior.

I do delete the entries (no backups now).

Originally, there were 9 items to be deleted. Now, as I said, I notice 21 items on all computers.

Thought this could be something that could be "corrected," as I am sure that other people beginning to use CCleaner will be questioning why these items are appearing (not knowing about the opening of the Add/Remove causing it).

Guess it cannot be corrected and we will have to keep doing the deleting.