Clearing Restore Points / Shadow Copies?

Tom.B

Hello there,

I have used both CCleaner and Defraggler for a good while now and have been pretty satisfied with the performance of both products especially with the free price tag ;)

I had been thinking of this for a while now and now I thought I would ask...

I have always observed how System Restore Points/Shadow Volume Copies eat up space on the hard drive and while it may be just as easy to limit or disable that functionality (I do have backup software anyway) would it viable to implement such a cleanup function in CCleaner?

Cheers,

-- Tom B)

Hello there,

I have used both CCleaner and Defraggler for a good while now and have been pretty satisfied with the performance of both products especially with the free price tag ;)

I had been thinking of this for a while now and now I thought I would ask...

I have always observed how System Restore Points/Shadow Volume Copies eat up space on the hard drive and while it may be just as easy to limit or disable that functionality (I do have backup software anyway) would it viable to implement such a cleanup function in CCleaner?

Cheers,

-- Tom B)

You can clean the older system restore points using Windows Disk Cleaner and you can also reduce the disk space System Restore will use. If you don't know how just ask me.

How can I use a picture as a signature?

Yeah I have no problem doing both of those. It's set to use about 2GB in restore points but maybe I will cut it to 1GB. I only keep the restore points just incase then I wipe them at the end of the day ;)

I just figured with CCleaner's ability to securely wipe crap from the system and the fact that Shadow copies can contain personal information is a factor in why I thought it could be a good option to add :)

Yeah I have no problem doing both of those. It's set to use about 2GB in restore points but maybe I will cut it to 1GB. I only keep the restore points just incase then I wipe them at the end of the day ;)

I just figured with CCleaner's ability to securely wipe crap from the system and the fact that Shadow copies can contain personal information is a factor in why I thought it could be a good option to add :)

Indeed that would be a nice option, when you defragment using Defraggler it takes a long time defrag the restore points. Cleaning them with CCleaner before defrag would be cool.

How can I use a picture as a signature?

Indeed that would be a nice option, when you defragment using Defraggler it takes a long time defrag the restore points. Cleaning them with CCleaner before defrag would be cool.

True and also in Defraggler the space appears to go down while defragging. I found this was because of the restore points though I am not sure why it would do that? When I completely disabled it once (removing all restore points) the free space remained unchanged. Have you noticed anything of the sort whilst running Defraggler or any other defragger for example?