Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Andavari

I've been a Hyundai fan since 2002, when my parents bought a Santa Fe. We also bought an 04 Elantra GT off of a lease. People are finally starting to understand that these cars are true competitors that are not plagued by the quality of the originals. I've wanted a Tiburon forever, but I'll definitely take the Genesis coupe over it. Rear wheel drive 3.8L V6 @ 306 HP is so tempting.

AJ

• Moderators
I've wanted a Tiburon forever, but I'll definitely take the Genesis coupe over it. Rear wheel drive 3.8L V6 @ 306 HP is so tempting.

If you ask me this new machine is the Tiburon replacement, just look at both of them side by side and you can see a modernized transition from the Tiburon to the Genesis Coupe. The rear wheel drive is what they've needed for a long time to have a true sports car, that and 300+ HP too. I thought that video was total bad ass, I've never seen a car manufacturer have something so interesting on their website before.

We have a local Hyundai dealer and I'm going to go look at the Genesis Coupe, I just have to see it in person.

I just hope that car ends up in the finalized Gran Turismo 5 game!

I almost bought a hyundai when i was looking for a new car but decided on a toyota. my folks had one on a lease for 4 years and i have to say that it was a pretty good and reliable little car. very economical, not as smooth as my corolla, but a very decent car. i would definately give them a look in the future.

If you ask me this new machine is the Tiburon replacement, just look at both of them side by side and you can see a modernized transition from the Tiburon to the Genesis Coupe. The rear wheel drive is what they've needed for a long time to have a true sports car, that and 300+ HP too. I thought that video was total bad ass, I've never seen a car manufacturer have something so interesting on their website before.

We have a local Hyundai dealer and I'm going to go look at the Genesis Coupe, I just have to see it in person.

I just hope that car ends up in the finalized Gran Turismo 5 game!

Oh yeah, I definitely agree that this is the Tiburon's replacement. They never heavily marketed it in the US, and I think that's why it was only a so-so seller.

Have you seen the Genesis Sedan? Wow, I was floored when I saw a black one at our local dealer. It was right before they came out in full marketing and production, and it was absolutely goregous. Such a high quality car.

I'd buy a PS3 for GT5 and a Hyundai. Hell, the Tiburon made it into NFS: Underground 1 and 2.

AJ

• Moderators
Have you seen the Genesis Sedan?

Yeah, how can anyone not know of it since it's been featured far and wide in the automotive entertainment world from TV shows to magazines, and since it won car of the year awards.

Have you seen the Genesis Sedan?

Yeah, how can anyone not know of it since it's been featured far and wide in the automotive entertainment world from TV shows to magazines, and since it won car of the year awards.

Edit: Have you seen the Genesis Sedan *in person* ? Haha.

AJ

If you ask me this new machine is the Tiburon replacement, just look at both of them side by side and you can see a modernized transition from the Tiburon to the Genesis Coupe.

Oh you crazy Americans with your funny car names lol. You're right with your assumption, though its alot more obvious in the UK as the Tiburon (had to Google it, never heard of it) was simply called the Hyundai Coupe here, and this Genesis is the new Hyundai Coupe ;)

• Moderators
Oh you crazy Americans with your funny car names lol.

It's the car companies themselves. Now imagine a VW Golf being sold here in the U.S. under the name VW Rabbit. :rolleyes:

Surprisingly I've never seen a car called something like a Chevrolet Rat, or Pontiac Breakdown. :lol:

It's the car companies themselves. Now imagine a VW Golf being sold here in the U.S. under the name VW Rabbit. :rolleyes:

I had a white Rabbit diesel for about 10 years until the body rusted away to nothing and it had about 250,000 miles on it then I bought a Datsun Fastback that was a disaster as it rusted out in 3 years so I bought a Golf that lasted about 10 years.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user