Defraggler hangs with new versions

rpgman81

I've been a Defraggler user since last year, but only recently I've noticed the following. Whenever I install a new version of the program, starting with 1.06+ , Defraggler hangs up. I can analyse my hard drive and navigate a little through the menus, but then it irremediably hangs up, and I have to terminate the program with Ctrl+Alt+Del.

It only happens with versions 1.06+ . I'm stuck with version 1.05 because of this, which doesn't crash at all. I have a P4 2.8 Ghz and I'm using XP Pro.

What a weird bug... Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
I've been a Defraggler user since last year, but only recently I've noticed the following. Whenever I install a new version of the program, starting with 1.06+ , Defraggler hangs up. I can analyse my hard drive and navigate a little through the menus, but then it irremediably hangs up, and I have to terminate the program with Ctrl+Alt+Del.

It only happens with versions 1.06+ . I'm stuck with version 1.05 because of this, which doesn't crash at all. I have a P4 2.8 Ghz and I'm using XP Pro.

What a weird bug... Any ideas?

I had a similar problem with 1.07 when I first tried it. it seemed to be unstable when there is a very large number of fragmented files. I had several thousand. I tried defragging a few at a time until I got the list down to a more manageable size. That took care of the "hang up" problem for me. If that is the problem, it's something that Piriform needs to work on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm that could be the problem, actually I have a looot of file fragments in my messy 250 GB hard disk (+300.000). Still, v1.05 doesn't hang up with these many. I've just tried v1.08 and it's the same. Hey Pirifom, what happened with the handling of fragments in the new versions :P