2 Persistant Files

lucky14

Hello World! I would like to say the devs of this great job. You guys made a great defragger.

But now on to the point. I've been defragging my computer like crazy, but I noticed there are two files that completely refuse defragment:

pagefile.sys

hiberfil.sys

I have 23.5 (of 74.5, 32% free) GB of free space, so I am sure there is a nice small spot for it somewhere in there (since I defragged that two). So is there anyway to defrag those two remaining files?

And I noticed that I probably don't need to defrag those two files, but what can I say, I like blue...

Depends on what OS he is running on...

What operating system are you using lucky14? PageDefrag runs on XP

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Much easier to remove the pagefile, reboot and re-make it depending on the size of course.

Off Topic: You get better results too by defining the length of the pagefile yourself. Set the min/max to the same size so it's not dynamic and your perofmance improves dramatically. Allowing the OS to depict the size lets it create a dynamic pagefile that slows your system down a lot.