CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
greyowl2

Duplicate Entries in Applications Section

As a result of installing winapp2.ini, I have several duplicate entries (the new ones begin with an *) such as Nero Burning ROM, Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, Yahoo Toolbar, WinRAR, and WMP. I have been running CC with all checked with no problems.

Do they do potentially slightly different things?

Should I select one or continue with all selected?

Curiously, I don't have YahooToolbar on my computer, so that entry is a mistake. Right?

Any help will be appreciated.

I think there needs to be an owner of winapp2.ini that is kept updated with the CCleaner changes.

I do not have *Yahoo Messenger on my system neither so:

Hi Ho.

Hi Ho.

Its off to winapp2.ini I go.

I found it

[*Yahoo Messenger (Logs/Cache)]LangSecRef=3022Detect=HKCU\Software\Yahoo\pagerDefault=TrueFileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger|ypager.logFileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles|*.*|RECURSEFileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\Cache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\IMVCache|*.*|RECURSE

Note: I think that this is always true.

Should be

[*Yahoo Messenger (Logs/Cache)]LangSecRef=3022DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger|ypager.logDefault=TrueFileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger|ypager.logFileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\Profiles|*.*|RECURSEFileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\Cache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Yahoo!\Messenger\IMVCache|*.*|RECURSE

Curiously, I don't have YahooToolbar on my computer, so that entry is a mistake. Right?

I would check your Program Files directory for anything related to Yahoo toolbar. Just because it isn't in Add/Remove, doesn't mean it's not on your computer.

Keith

I would check your Program Files directory for anything related to Yahoo toolbar. Just because it isn't in Add/Remove, doesn't mean it's not on your computer.

Keith

The only thing that is related is Yahoo is one of the choices in my search engines. Would this be considered a Yahoo toolbar?

Hopefully everything is fixed now...

TwistedMetal,

Thanks for updating winapp2.

Looks good, except there is still a duplicate of YahooToolbar.

Not a big deal.

Thanks again,

greyowl