Beware Defraggler Locking Up Sectors! Poison!

stevestoy

Downloaded and ran Defraggler yesterday (2-17-09) based on very good experiences with CCleaner.

Ran quickly and smoothly on laptop with XP. Barely ran at all on Vista 64 bit.

Soon discovered after running on XP, that all sectors and data were locked up! Can't move anything

from one location to another, including to a flash drive. Defraggler completed on this laptop. System restore will not function as it cannot move any files! Can't hardly use the computer! Unfortunately, I didn't back up first. Now, I have a serious problem.

As soon as I realized the problem on my laptop, I stopped the program on my Vista 64 bit PC, but after 2 days, it ran 56%. Still trying to assess the damage there, as some sectors and files were not affected. Fortunately, I was able to accomplish a system restore on this machine, so I am hopeful.

DO NOT TRY THIS APP!! It is POISON, and needs a lot more work and testing before it is unleashed on the public!

Any fixes to "unlock" would be most helpful, especially if they come very soon!!

Calm down, man. Lots of people have downloaded this software, and you're the first one who has a problem like that.

How many free space is there on your drive ? Does it shows a special error message when you're trying to move something ?

Piriform French translator