Ewido

englishmen

I dont think it is being recommended over any other program, it is just being brought to peoples attention more because it is not as well known as Spybot & Ad-Aware,

I have installed it, and one nice feature is, you can right click any file and have Ewido check that file from the context menu, I don't think the others allow you to do that.

rridgely always recommends Ewido a lot, and he is pretty clued up, hopefully he will enlighten us a bit more.

ya i read about it here and am giving it a try right now, so far i've been happy with it, but i was wondering if it will conflict with anything else i'm running. I am also running symantec corp edition and i havn't had any issues with it yet, but is ewindo more of a virus or malware scanner? its not entirely clear...to me at least.

• Moderators
It will happily co-exist alongside all of the programs seen here.

Protects against Hijackers, Spyware, Worms, Dialers, Trojans and Keyloggers.

When my daughter had a trojan (backdoor small 38r) Ewido was recommended to remove it after I went onto Google. She had McAfee which couldn't deal with it. It was easy to download, install and update. She went on to buy it after the free trial, costing ?18 for the year and is pleased with it. She also has CCleaner, spywareblaster, avg and spybot. No conflicts.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I also use Ewido Security Suite and only found out about it since it was mentioned in various threads. The scans are blazing fast and it can dig through multiple archive formats. One of the best things about it is it's nearly impossible to keep up with the updates since it's updated so often.

One thing though is antivirus software resident shields need to be disabled during an Ewido scan, this will reduce any conflicts (none of which I've been able to find) and drastically reduce the scan time.

Edit: Forgot to mention that if the whole program itself is updated, it will download and upgrade itself without any need to download a setup file.

• Moderators

I found out about ewido when I was looking through the spyware warrior forums. They used it in conjunction with the rest of the programs we have been recomending to get rid of some pretty serious malware. I have been meaning to ask Tarun about including it in his antimalware package and pc maintenance website.

I have been using ewido for a couple of days and just went to there website and they do a brilliant on-line scan. The problem being is it only supports IE, it still is in beta and have emailed them to request firefox support. But if some of you guys could also email them and request firefox support because they are more likely to implement firefox support if loads of people email them. So get emailing :D .

On-line scan: http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/

Email them here: http://www.ewido.net/en/contact/