CCleaner - Registry - Location

PGPhantom

I have a customized registry file that I import into new systems. In the past, all settings were defined in ... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options.

In the current version I see there that the path ... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piriform\CCleaner is now there.

What is the actual registry path to the options so that I can save them and have them imported properly for all installs?

The best way is definitely the .ini files so I will use that instead. A couple of other questions though:

1. How can I get ccleaner to install silently by default into the all users programs (Start Menu) instead of the current users programs (Start Menu)?
  2. How can I get it so that it does not create the desktop shortcut during install?

I have a customized registry file that I import into new systems. In the past, all settings were defined in ... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner\Options.

In the current version I see there that the path ... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Piriform\CCleaner is now there.

What is the actual registry path to the options so that I can save them and have them imported properly for all installs?

If you installed a version 1 of CC then that was made using Visual Basic therefore you will have a setting in VB and VBA Program Settings. Your later reg link is the newer version 2+. I would delete the first CCleaner\Options link and use the other one.

Or you could use the ini file option and just put CC on a flash drive and move that between different machines. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best