Mouse problems only in this site

crzyallday

Sounds crazy but I have consistently over the past few days of being in this site had a problem with my mouse when I use the scroll bar. I recently got a Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 4000 Keyboard and Mouse. Lately, anytime I am in this site I put the cursor on the scroll bar and/or use the wheel and the hourglass shows up and it's mucho seconds before it will move. Once the initial hourglass pause releases I can scroll just fine but everytime I change pages, I have to go through the same hair-pulling, gut-wrenching process. What is nuts is it happens only in this site. I have not had this problem anywhere else. Does anyone have any idea?

It depends on your CPU speed, amount of RAM and hard drive speed.

For example my XP Home system has 2.4GHZ P4 and 512MB RAM and my XP Pro system has 2.8GH P4 and 768MB RAM and is about twice as fast due to faster hard drive.

Belarc Advisor will give you all the information that you need:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

It depends on your CPU speed, amount of RAM and hard drive speed.

For example my XP Home system has 2.4GHZ P4 and 512MB RAM and my XP Pro system has 2.8GH P4 and 768MB RAM and is about twice as fast due to faster hard drive.

Belarc Advisor will give you all the information that you need:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Did Belarc the other day because of another problem with my system. Running WinXP PRO Media Center SP2, 2.80Gz RAM P4,74.97 GB with 47.45GB HD free space. No idea how this helps. Could you explain it to me? What would the fix be?

• Moderators
How do I check that out? No idea what a forum script is. Is that a script used by the forum and if so, why doesn't it happen to everyone?

You have no real way of checking out the forum scripting to my knowledge as it's using Invision Power Board ("IPB") forum software. You aren't the first to have an issue with IPB running slow or weird, I've had more than my fair share of it over the years. However the majority of issues I have with stalling on any site is because of Firefox and nothing else but it's an issue I'll just deal with since it's my browser of choice.

You have no real way of checking out the forum scripting to my knowledge as it's using Invision Power Board ("IPB") forum software. You aren't the first to have an issue with IPB running slow or weird, I've had more than my fair share of it over the years. However the majority of issues I have with stalling on any site is because of Firefox and nothing else but it's an issue I'll just deal with since it's my browser of choice.

Thanks for responding so quickly. Firefox is also my browser so maybe I'll see if I can find an answer there because I think I may be having some other problems with the browser.

I'm sure glad I don't use Firefox.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

:lol: Just think, if you did you could complain about Opera, Chrome, etc.

I could but then I would have to change my Profile to Resident Grouch :D

IE7Pro user

I can' seem to find any more infoformation about this

CIO.COM: Can Mozilla Support Their Security Claims?

Mozilla bills Firefox as the most secure Web browser on the planet, but is it really? Follow along with this series and see if the claims hold up to close scrutiny.

Today, I started a multi-part article series on cio.com (Security landing page: http://www.cio.com/topic/1419/Security) probing Mozilla?s claims of security superiority. My plan is to post up a new article every few days probing aspects of claims they?ve made either on the Firefox security page or in some other public forum

http://blogs.technet.com/security/archive/...ity-claims.aspx

This is interesting

Rogue Firefox add-ons bring security risks

By Andreas M. Antonopoulos

February 4, 2009 (Network World) Security is as much about choices as it is about policies. Which software solution you pick is as important as how you configure and use it. With the vast majority of threats today coming from the Web, the choice of browser is critical. With few exceptions, most Web sites are cross-browser compatible. Choosing a browser is less about compatibility and more about usability and security.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...ticleId=9127370

IE7Pro user

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds crazy but I have consistently over the past few days of being in this site had a problem with my mouse when I use the scroll bar. I recently got a Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 4000 Keyboard and Mouse. Lately, anytime I am in this site I put the cursor on the scroll bar and/or use the wheel and the hourglass shows up and it's mucho seconds before it will move. Once the initial hourglass pause releases I can scroll just fine but everytime I change pages, I have to go through the same hair-pulling, gut-wrenching process. What is nuts is it happens only in this site. I have not had this problem anywhere else. Does anyone have any idea?

Hi,

I think this just because of site reconstruction.

However the majority of issues I have with stalling on any site is because of Firefox and nothing else but it's an issue I'll just deal with since it's my browser of choice.

I've had my fair share of this stalling and unresponsive mouse stuff (especially on this site) -- particularly since upgrading to Firefox 3.06 from 2.0.0.20 about a 10 days ago. Seems even worse when I run FF Sandboxed. Didn't really notice it much with FF 2.0.0.20 -- even Sandboxed.

• Moderators
I've had my fair share of this stalling and unresponsive mouse stuff (especially on this site) -- particularly since upgrading to Firefox 3.06 from 2.0.0.20 about a 10 days ago.

I've always had the Firefox stalling issue even with the old version 2.x line, more so now with Firefox 3 because sometimes it won't even load a page on the first attempt.