CD-ROM/DVD Drivers Corrupt

foreversport

MY CD-ROM/DVD drivers are corrupt and when I put a disc in the drive it does not recognize it. I have the drivers CD but I obviously can't use it and I've looked on Dell's support web site and have not found the appropriate drivers. I also uninstalled them and then went to add new hardware and restarted the computer and I get the little pop up that they were reinstalled but may not work properly. On my laptop, all of my Dell drivers are in zip files in C\dell\drivers, but I am not sure which drivers are the ones I need because the file names are numbers. I also can't do a system restore because I have no restore points saved.

clipboard01bl0.jpg

clipboard01oc3.jpg

• Moderators

Hopefully Gunner's link will enable you to fix things.

In case not, here is a 12 page thread here spread over the last few years until the present day, which must cover just about most errors and fixes for cd/dvd rom problems

Grab a coffee and settle down

http://sillydog.org/forum/sdt_9200-0-asc-0.php

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Also something noteworthy is often in many cases formatting your hard drive to fix such an issue is not needed. It could merely be a registry related issue, especially after installing or uninstalling something that installed, used, or messed up the Sonic PrimoSDK like DivX Bundle, HP Printer/Scanner software, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi ,

If you don't get the drivers from the device manager then you just download the software from your cd-rom manufacturers website.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

" Never look at the doors closing behind you or you'll miss the ones opening ahead."

• 3 weeks later...

Try rebooting into Windows, and hope it will solve the problem. If that does not help, try rebooting into command line. (Holding something like F8 during booting.) And see if you can access to those.

If that still not help, check your booting screen (or BIOS) and see if CD-ROM and DVD-ROM are presented...

• 4 weeks later...

I've been hunting for a long time to a solution to this problem - and you had it!

Yes - as others have said here - I too searched and searched - even on the paid sites. I think I'll tell folks @ Dell about this (and/or NEC).

I knew the hardware was fine - as I have a 2nd HD which I use in this laptop - and when booting from that clean HD the DVD came up fine.