do you fill out your forum profile all the time?

Xion44

was wondering this..i see some folks here dont bother to do that. as a result of this, on most forums i go to, iam ending up apologizing for calling the person bro -not knowing he's a she ;) .. i think its nice that folks take the time to fill out their profile page.. of course it isnt required for you to do so, but i always add my gender, and age. what do others think? :rolleyes:

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.
They have helped me and many others in the past. Excellent hints and advice!

BigSmile.png

• Moderators

What gets confusing sometimes is when someone uses a female picture for their avatar, then to find out it's a guy. This one person on another forum I visit I had pegged as a female for at least five years, but that wasn't the case. :lol:

sometimes during a persons intro, id say "welcome to the forum, bro or sis" and from there, let them choose which format is best

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.
They have helped me and many others in the past. Excellent hints and advice!

BigSmile.png

i'm a VIP @iAudiophile.net and when we get new users i tend to greet them by only saying "Welcome to the Forums" i also seem to know if it's a guy or a girl over there by just guessing. you don't see a lot of grils knowing their Computer stuff or their Tech stuff if anything.

i always seem to let every user know WHO i really am as a person/user

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

• 2 weeks later...
Usually add my age and gender, when the options are there to add, I rarely use a avatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(computing)

I could even be Vishnu but I am too humble.

I could even be Ganesh but I won't work for peanuts.

I remain your humble Shudra

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

i too use to have that problem of not sure as to wather or not the user i was talkin to was m or f so i came to a point of i did not care any more of what the person was i would just type as per you profile tells your a female or a male or a it and yes if they had on gender in the profile i would talk to them just like i would talk to a women about the baby in side her if the gender was not know like hey it of dear it i was bla bla and so on i just give them what they want as to what they have in the profile and if any one said any thing about it i would just tell them well i only going by what you put in your profile so dont yeall at me its you profile