Anyone use Netscape? It was my browser

slowday444

• Moderators

The new netscape is awful. It can use either ff or ie's engines and dosent do either very well. Plus it dosent have a mail program like the old netscape program had. If you want something more similar in stability and features than just get the regular mozilla suite.

I used to hate FF too, but since I got some tips on how to fix it the way I want, I love it. What problems do you have with FF maybe we can help you get passed them.

Also read Taruns posts here:

http://forum.CCleaner.com/index.php?showto...292&hl=netscape

Some sites it won't load images without refreshing several times (check out my post in The Lounge). I checked it out with this test and it passes fine:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=288184

so I have no idea what is going on. I'm at work and using MS 2000 and no problems. XP at home, Bestbuy.com is an example site where the issue happens! Thank You!

• Moderators

You could just have a bad install. Have you tried to make a new profile? We can try that but first do this:

Go to tools>Options>Web Features. Make sure the box that says "load images" is checked and the one that says "For the originating site only" is not checked.

Solved the problem (I think! In fact I'm going over to the FF support forum and post. All kinds of image problem threads there all of the time!). In the advanced JavaScript menu I disabled Change Images. I've CCleaned several times so nothing is cached, gone back to Bestbuy.com (it was the worst site) and everything loads normally!