Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)

YoKenny

JRE 6 Update 12

This release provides a new Java Plug-in that combines features of applet and Java Web Start technologies, a new Direct3D pipeline for Microsoft platforms, an updated documentation bundle.

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Thanks YoKenny.

You are all over updates and security issues ;) Doesn't look like this update is needed at this point unless you are looking for peformance improvements with graphics, etc. It states on the website that update 11 is still secure:

Bug Fixes

This feature release does not contain any new fixes for security vulnerabilities to its previous release, Java SE 6 Update 11. Users who have Java SE 6 Update 11 have the latest security fixes and do not need to upgrade to this release to be current on security fixes.

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

You are all over updates and security issues ;)

I like to Be Safe. Not Sorry!

The update is available on Filehippo now:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_java_runtime

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I hear ya. It's good to know information definitely. My job makes me cringe sometimes. You go to user's desks and they have the last 5 updates of Java still installed on their computer, haven't had Windows Updates done in a year, and A/V definitions are 30-60 days old. I just want to scream sometimes! :P

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

I hit Filehippo and Calendar Of Updates every day.
The cute Filehippo's mouse checks for me every reboot and I like to see its eyes pop open when it is actually checking:

http://www.filehippo.com/updatechecker

It has the "Pulse of the Web" :lol:

IE7Pro user

I never get too excited, i like the way i have my system set up, and i keep all private data separate on an external drive. Anytime I have had a problem, I find it quicker to simply reformat, reinstall, and back up fresh and new!

But it is nice that someone is looking out and posting these updates. :)

The cute Filehippo's mouse checks for me every reboot and I like to see its eyes pop open when it is actually checking:

http://www.filehippo.com/updatechecker

It has the "Pulse of the Web" :lol:

I'm a new member and trying to get some help. I also have filehippo updatechecker but it doesn't start every time I boot up. How do I get it to do that? Right now I'm having a problem with extremely slow startup so I won't have it start until I can get fixes for my problem but would like it for future use. Thanks

I hear ya. It's good to know information definitely. My job makes me cringe sometimes. You go to user's desks and they have the last 5 updates of Java still installed on their computer, haven't had Windows Updates done in a year, and A/V definitions are 30-60 days old. I just want to scream sometimes! :P

Newbie here...have done both of those things but what are A/V definitions? I'm having problems with an extremely slow boot up and shut down and trying to get my computer in good running condition w/o paying $$$ to a tech. Re your post: I've been screaming a lot lately!

How about posting your system specifications?

What is the operating system and Service Pack level?

What is the CPU type and speed and how much RAM does the system have?

A/V definitions are the anti virus definitions so what anti virus application are you running?

IE7Pro user