CCleaner Firefox Cleaning Integrity Questioned

I apologize for this but I want to get to the bottom of these accusations ASAP. I hate people spreading BS when it doesn't exist.

Another claims is that:

"When you run the cleaner and are using Firefox and let it clean everything he couldn't access his homepage."

I don't see how CCleaner could possible cause this problem. Was this ever an issue?

Thanks

Ok this was in the other post:

"Firefox, they are probably running CCleaner while Firefox is open. This is easy to correct..."

Can someone explain? Is this simply a matter of restarting Firefox as I am guessing the problem is the cache is cleared if you run CCleaner with Firefox open?

OK this is confirmed and needs to be rectified.

CCleaner v1.22.142

Firefox v1.0.4 and v1.0.6

With Firefox open running CCleaner corrupts any pages currently in the cache. These forums go white and on other pages links stop working.

-Closing and reopening Firefox does not fix the problem.

-Closing Firefox, running CCleaner and reopening Firefox does.

Which means this needs some sort of a solution. Either:

1. CCleaner needs to detect that Firefox is open and give a warning before cleaning

2. CCleaner by default should not clean the Firefox Cache

3. Finding out exactly why this is happening and fixing it permanently

At the very least a warning needs to be in place. Since I can reproduce this every time, it is a confirmed problem and something Firefox users will run into.

Right now though this issue appears Firefox specific and since simply restarting the browser does not fix the problem, something needs to be done as I can see this being a common occurence, which can lead to further bad mouthing of CCleaner.

A simple solution would be, by default deselect Firefox cleaning. Then when selected you are prompted with a warning, like the advanced section of the Windows Tab. That should eliminate 90% of the problem.

CCleaner v1.22.142

IE v6.0.2800.1106

Using IE I did exactly what I did with Firefox, I visited the same pages and these forums. With everything open I ran CCleaner. Everything works fine. No broken links, white backgrounds ect...

This problem is isolated to Firefox.

CCleaner v1.22.142

IE v6.0.2800.1106

Using IE I did exactly what I did with Firefox, I visited the same pages and these forums. With everything open I ran CCleaner. Everything works fine. No broken links, white backgrounds ect...

This problem is isolated to Firefox.

The problem is NOT limited to Firefox. These problems have been occuring since at least v1.16.x. Do a search of the forums, it will happen anywhere. Such pages as cnn.com, yahoo and more get effected.

CCleaner v1.22.142

IE v6.0.2800.1106

Same procedure with www.cnn.com and www.yahoo.com. No problems they work fine.

Are you ignorant? Seriously? "Mastertech"... With a name like that it says more than enough that you're full of yourself. Just because YOU do not have that issue does NOT mean others have not had it.

That doesn't make any sense if the issue is a software issue it is reproduceable using the same software configuration. I will test this on other machines but the results will be the same because the software is the same.

Can you reproduce what you just described? I can't, however I can reproduce the Firefox issue every time.

im not meaning to sound like an ass, but both of you, mastertech and tarun, have points. Mastertech, problems with programs dont happen to everysingle person out there, stop assuming it happens to everyone, if it did, i garuntee you it would be fixed. tarun, we all know you have a great expertise, try to explain it to him instead of calling names! Mastertech does need to realize what we are saying though.

)corjello(

PS: I have the problem with FF but not IE. so HA

Mastertech, problems with programs dont happen to everysingle person out there, stop assuming it happens to everyone, if it did, i garuntee you it would be fixed.

If it is a real problem with CCleaner then it has to happen to everyone with the same OS, CCleaner version and Internet Explorer version. This is what you nor Taurun understand. This is the way software works.

If it is a real problem with CCleaner then it has to happen to everyone with the same OS, CCleaner version and Internet Explorer version. This is what you nor Taurun understand. This is the way software works.

Go away. You're just bringing up past DEAD things that are not major issues.

Mmkay. Considering... Adding in factors of CCleaner being advertised on numerous sites.

354,630 - MSFN

104,264 - Neowin forums

2,300 - CCleaner forums

235 - Lunarsoft

461,429 total. Then seven million downloads on top of that. Wow. You're quite an influence. :rolleyes: You contributed to what, under fifty?

Now one for you. Consider how many people you're annoying the hell out of. A far greater number.

Now while I respect you Tarun, I have to say, you spend a lot of time swinging with other techs (as well as a few wannabe techs). You need to stop being so overly defensive and lashing out at them, seriously. You'll be a great tech when you stop hoarding knowledge and just let go, and learn from one another. Have you read Mastertech's site? It's almost great, except for the advertisements, and a few miscellaneous peeves I had which I will save for a later thread. :P And the name Mastertech. But I digress, my name is not much better, as I am neither of the things my name describes (kind of like IDM, which is neither intelligent, nor dance music)...

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Now while I respect you Tarun, I have to say, you spend a lot of time swinging with other techs (as well as a few wannabe techs).  You need to stop being so overly defensive and lashing out at them, seriously.  You'll be a great tech when you stop hoarding knowledge and just let go, and learn from one another.  Have you read Mastertech's site?  It's almost great, except for the advertisements, and a few miscellaneous peeves I had which I will save for a later thread. :P  And the name Mastertech.  But I digress, my name is not much better, as I am neither of the things my name describes (kind of like IDM, which is neither intelligent, nor dance music)...

Well, I've seen that site before and it wasn't by him.