Drastic Decrease in hard disk space?

limchunghau

Hi, i started using Defraggler just today and notce that when i start the defragment the freespace in my hard disk suddenly decreased drastically. i was defragging my Cdrive with freespace of 53.7GB. but after the defragment. I am left with 30Gb freespace! can anyone answer my question? is it a problem with my computer or the defraggler?? Pls Help!!

Hi, i started using Defraggler just today and notce that when i start the defragment the freespace in my hard disk suddenly decreased drastically. i was defragging my Cdrive with freespace of 53.7GB. but after the defragment. I am left with 30Gb freespace! can anyone answer my question? is it a problem with my computer or the defraggler?? Pls Help!!

I came here to ask the exact question myself. Mine wasn't that noticable but not very fragged either (I guess). Anywyas I started with 30.2 GB free space and ended with 29.5 GB free space. What gives??

I came here to ask the exact question myself. Mine wasn't that noticable but not very fragged either (I guess). Anywyas I started with 30.2 GB free space and ended with 29.5 GB free space. What gives??

Probably a System Restore point.

But for limchunghau, I have no idea...

Piriform French translator

hello,

i confirm decrease

before defrag i erase all temp files and all but one restore points, my freespace was 15 Go

after defag freespace fall to 12 Go !!!! ,please note that during defrag i have stopped all applications

for recover this 3 Go , the only solution i have found is to restore acronis image ,taken just before defrag!!!!! :(

You both are using Windows Vista, correct? If you search this forum you will see countless topics about this. Basically Windows Vista creates restore points when Defraggler is moving files around, which equates to this lost space... Over time old restore points will be overwritten by new ones, etc. If you want to reclaim this space now you can always delete the restore points... Hopefully a future version of Defraggler will play nicer with Vista, but for the time being this is the case...

Sorry the news couldn't be better...