Problems with Deraggler

Les B

I've used CCleaner since this past May and I think it's very good. I use it all the time to get my system in check. Yesterday, I decided to download and try Defraggler. I ran it on my Windows XP desktop. It installed ok and did a defrag with no problems at first. Next, I installed it on my laptop Vista. But had a problem with it there. After the install I did a defrag started about noon. By 8:30 pm it was still running and never got past 65% complete. I finally closed it. THen I discovered my web pages opened very slow. When I clicked on the "favorites" link in the top of my page, all my favorite sites that I had saved (close to 100) were no wheres to be found. I ended up doing a restore to a earlier time before I installed the defraggler. THat ended up putting all my favorites back in and my web pages were quicker to open. I then decided and removed the Defraggler off my desktop. I have great luck with CCleaner and using them on both computers, but the Defraggler caused me problems.

I've used CCleaner since this past May and I think it's very good. I use it all the time to get my system in check. Yesterday, I decided to download and try Defraggler. I ran it on my Windows XP desktop. It installed ok and did a defrag with no problems at first. Next, I installed it on my laptop Vista. But had a problem with it there. After the install I did a defrag started about noon. By 8:30 pm it was still running and never got past 65% complete. I finally closed it. THen I discovered my web pages opened very slow. When I clicked on the "favorites" link in the top of my page, all my favorite sites that I had saved (close to 100) were no wheres to be found. I ended up doing a restore to a earlier time before I installed the defraggler. THat ended up putting all my favorites back in and my web pages were quicker to open. I then decided and removed the Defraggler off my desktop. I have great luck with CCleaner and using them on both computers, but the Defraggler caused me problems.

I tested Defraggler on my Windows XP SP3 "sandbox" machine to see how it worked. The progress percentage reached 72% and then never increased, although Defraggler continued to report it was defragging files. It appears to have reached a looping state, which it never exited. I paused then exited Defraggler. Then I rebooted. I ran Chkdsk to make sure the HD was OK. Then I used AusLogics Disk Defrag to continue defragging the drive. It worked successfully, and indicated that speed would increase by 14%. The computer seems much faster than 14%. Defraggler moved a bunch a files around and so between the two, the speed is improved. I'm going to wait until Piriform announces a new release which may fix this problem, and try again. BTW, I love CCleaner. It is the BEST!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using CCleaner nd Defraggler since I first got my coputer and now everytime i try to analyze or just hit the defrage option and the it tries to build a file list on my C drve it gets to 3% percent and then a message comes up saying that defraggler has encountered a problem and needs to close and hasn't worker since

• Moderators
I've been using CCleaner nd Defraggler since I first got my coputer and now everytime i try to analyze or just hit the defrage option and the it tries to build a file list on my C drve it gets to 3% percent and then a message comes up saying that defraggler has encountered a problem and needs to close and hasn't worker since

Run Defraggler in debug mode using these instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran defraggler in debug mode and now it get up to 83% analyzed before it crashes. In order to make it work again after i run it once i have to completely unistall it and wait a few days before installing it again. any ideas cuz this is getting irritating cuz i've never had any problems until this new version came out.

If nobody has any ideas for your problem. You could download the older version from filehippo as they store the older versions just incase people do have these problems. You said yourself, you never had the problems since the newer version came out.