defraggler working with other defraggers

Eli

Hi

I would like to know if there is any conflict using defraggler with other defraggers.

I intend to use defraggler only for file defragments .

Thanks

Eli

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

Hi

I would like to know if there is any conflict using defraggler with other defraggers.

I intend to use defraggler only for file defragments .

Thanks

Eli

Good for you. That is probably all you need anyhow.

From my experience so far Defraggler does a good job positioning files.

And you know it is fast.

I have not had any conflicts but I avoid conflict in the first place.

I won't run Defraggler with any other "defrag" or maintenance program running. I am surprised to find that some users do this.

Guess they just haven't enough experience, not to do this. This is the same reason that I don't use any autostart of any programs except security updates.

I have Defraggler, Windows Disk Defragmenter and JkDefrag but I would never run 2 at one time.

I have never "lost" any data from any defragmenting using any of these.

:) davey

P.S.I hope I have not misinterpreted you meaning of conflicts. There are differences in file positioning strategies and options.

P.S.It seems our responses crossed paths. Yes, this will require further discussion.

Edited by davey

Good for you. That is probably all you need anyhow.

From my experience so far Defraggler does a good job positioning files.

And you know it is fast.

I have not had any conflicts but I avoid conflict in the first place.

I won't run Defraggler with any other "defrag" or maintenance program running. I am surprised to find that some users do this.

Guess they just haven't enough experience, not to do this. This is the same reason that I don't use any autostart of any programs except security updates.

I have Defraggler, Windows Disk Defragmenter and JkDefrag but I would never run 2 at one time.

I have never "lost" any data from any defragmenting using any of these.

Hi Davey

Thank you for reply,of course it did not even cross my mind to work with two different defraggers at the same time, my question was based on the fact that different defraggers use different algorithms

and therefore a possible conflict. I also do not use any auto start programs except security programs.

Regards

Eli

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

Hi Davey

Thank you for reply,of course it did not even cross my mind to work with two different defraggers at the same time, my question was based on the fact that different defraggers use different algorithms

and therefore a possible conflict. I also do not use any auto start programs except security programs.

Regards

Eli

Hey Davey you say that you use Defraggler, Windows Disk Defragmenter and JkDefrag is there a purpose for each one you use.

I know that you use Defraggler like I do by analyzing disk and than just defragging files that need it by right clicking. However I heard alot of good things about JKDefrag but according to you is there a reason why you use this too for any other purpose other than Defraggler. In other words are you using these 3 programs for different purposes. i hope I made myself clear.

Hey Davey you say that you use Defraggler, Windows Disk Defragmenter and JkDefrag is there a purpose for each one you use.

I know that you use Defraggler like I do by analyzing disk and than just defragging files that need it by right clicking. However I heard alot of good things about JKDefrag but according to you is there a reason why you use this too for any other purpose other than Defraggler. In other words are you using these 3 programs for different purposes. i hope I made myself clear.

Hello Don,

Mainly I use JkDefrag for analysis purposes during testing and monitoring what Windows itself may be doing over time.

Nice graphics and log. It has been a long time since I used it for defragmenting purposes.

More info later.

When using defraggler on Vista: The DF advanced option of moving large files to the end of the disk seems to be thwarted by the defrag that comes with Vista. Vista moves the files back!

Does any one know how to shut off the defragmenter that comes with Vista??

Thanks

Thanks

Hi tracker,

I wouldn't be in hurry to turn off the Vista defragger.

I don't use Vista but you can try scheduling to a far off date. Just a thought, not a known fact by me.

You may find that Defraggler itself is moving those files back to the front of your free-space.

Best wishes, :) davey