Windows Genuine Advantage

agumon

• Moderators

This dosent bother me. It takes about an extra 5 seconds for them to look for that activex control they put on your system and thats it. The only reason that this should be a problem is if you have a pirated copy of windows. Who can blame MS though? I know if people were stealing stuff from me that costs over $100 I would try to stop them. Any I'm curious to hear what everyone else thinks too.

this does not bother much... i just happen to read about this somewhere so just want to share and let you guys know about this...

like you said, i think also think that it is a good idea to implement this thing... is really bad that microsoft loses so much money because of this... even though they are rich... billy gates is rich... :lol:

--==aGumon==--

• Moderators

I dont think Bill Gates needs anymore money, but I cant blame him for wanting to stop thieves. The only issue I have with this is you have to use IE for it to detect that windows advantage thing. I have a feeling that this is just the start of it though. I bet Windows vista or longhorn or whatever their going to call it is going to have a crazy amount of problems with this kind of stuff.

ya... i use avant to do the job... but actually is the same... i think they are going to do more things to it... but i heard that not all Windows operating system need to go through this thing... not too sure... doesnt matter...

oh man... billy gates is so rich until he do not need anymore money... :lol:

--==aGumon==--

err.... They didnt do a very good job...

I've read you can bypass WGA by changing 1 value in the registry, installing a script (via greasemonkey or trixie), or a surprisingly simple way in IE itself. Im obviously not going to say how becuase I don't support piracy and I'de get in trouble with the moderating team :lol: , but it just goes to show.

I bet M$ is already working on a patch...

I believe they should have something to validate windows but to bypass someone disabling it in IE i so out of order because the reason they put that option to disable add ons is so a user can manage add ons and not so a company can just bypass it.

It's not just any company we're talking about here though. It's evil Microsoft ( :lol: )

In this case its about people stealing from the company. Microsoft has every right to try and stop them.